Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have done a promise that the new version of dxbx would be there sooner then 2 years.
Well it has been 2 months this time, and its looking good.

The new release 0.2 can display stuff even alot better then the 0.1 release.
XPong will display graphics as does XMarbles.

However, games are still not playable... and controllers are not implemented yet.
But for everyone who is interested.. the new version can be downloaded on sourceforge.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxbx/

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Shadow I just wanted to say the emulator looks cool but I can't get graphics on my computer from it will you be able to fix that in general in the emulator? also will next release be able to play homebrew or real games? well I just wanted to tell you you guys rock and the emulator is coming along nicely at least I can open the emulator but not play any games keep up the great job and one day it will be the best one well I will talk with you later on see ya later!

·
Registered
58 Posts
what's the best virtual OS program to use?
and could you post it in a sticky topic as an information repository?

Thanks =D

·
Emu Tinkerer
76 Posts
It works best on Win32 bits. Xp, Vista, or 7. It doesn't work very well on VMware, Virtualbox or stuff like that...

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it runs o 32bit versions of windows with directx 8 support.
Games are not working yet, we are hard working on titels like turok and panzer dragon ortha and futurama... these games are playable on cxbx, so we must have a time when these games are playabale on dxbx to.

For now its homebrew and sample demo`s.

Keyboard support is not there... we are working on that.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Do you think you could put up a portable ZIP/7z along with the installer EXE?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts