Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It is a week earlier then expected.. but its out now, a week before Xmas :)
Dxbx 0.5 release has been published.

A lot has happened during the last release, for now 4 games are playable if you are lucky.

Gauntlet, Battlesstar callectica, petit copter and smashing drive.

Hope you like this new release and have a nice Xmas and happy new year.

·
Registered
96 Posts
merry Christmas guys :D,we are not celebrating Christmas at my country{at least most of us Israelis}. but I do know how important this holyday for you guys,seems Dxbx is closing to catch Cxbx{or am I wrong?}
hope you can make further progress with X-box Emulation.

·
Linux's worst nightmare..
1,510 Posts
Im surprised it wasn't a Christmas day release but early presents are fun :)

·
1,510 Posts

·
1,510 Posts
Some games seem not to work because they try booting into the dashboard
they a xapiboottodash error when they crash

Im wondering if you guys have run into this in your testing and your opinion on how relatively difficult it would be to get around this error

·
Registered
423 Posts
When a title wants to boot back to the dashboard (which we don't have obviously), it means some initial checking turned out wrong.

One example is the check if a valid 'X2' DVD is inserted in the drive. This specific case could be patched relatively easy, but other cases are not as easy to fix.

Often it has something to do with an I/O control code returning the wrong results (in the eyes of the XBE, that is). One solution to this is, to fine-tune my filesystem implementation even more. But that's only part of the solution.

Other problems might be related to incorrect patching (which is a result of incorrect symbol detection), but it *could* also be related to the game dump itself.
I've seen some bad dumps, which where trying to access folders and files that wheren't present. So that could be a reason too (and I suspect there are dozens of this type of situations that I don't about yet).

Sorry to let you all down, but I warned for this already : Even with the recent progress, this doesn't mean we can fix everything as fast as the last few issues that (quite suddenly) made Dxbx run a few games.

·
1,510 Posts
Even if it takes a while to fix, I'm just glad I finally understand why this is happening. Ive been following the SVN commits and I see lots of progress is being made. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts