Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A lot of new changes are made, like kernel functions implementation, control configuration, input devices and more.

Controls can now be configured and can be used during emulation mode, also the wired 360 controller can be used for this.
Prehaps there will come presets for configuration in the next release.. but for now controls are working.

Games are still not fuly playable... but !! some games shows screens and some also display animations ( like rayman arena ).
Homebrew is working a lot better..

Ok what will work.. most things that are close to xdk 4627.
what will not work.. games made with openxdk, games with compiler optimalizations and games and homebrew that is made with debug xdk`s.

Before dumping alot of questions .. is this game playable or is that game running.
My answer for these questions is very simple.. NO THEY ARE NOT !!!

Have fun testing this new release.. and if you see something popping up the screen that you not have seen in the screenshots.. let us know :)

greetings,

Shadow_tj

oohh almost forget to write down.. the new release can be downloaded from the sourceforge website.
dxbx | Download dxbx software for free at SourceForge.net

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About what is new:

controls are working.
Kernel functions are better implemented

there is made a new start for better pattern detection, the base is there but you dont see annything from that on the outside.

Screenshots are already in the screenshots section.. most screenshots have been posted with the 0.3 release.

Myst 3 - shows loading screen.
Rayman arena - shows intro movie

hey lol, this looks like a compatibility list :p

that is what you are asking ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good. Nice to see progress under this area. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Try to build (release) Samples using XDK 4361
always failing in DxBxkernelCleanup (received fatal message)

Is it due to the XDK version?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can you send me in a way this sdk version ?
we only tested xdk sampled 4627

we only need the lib files..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I get it working.. it was a silly error due to the subdir /media which was misplaced. The emu is working great ;-)

If you still need the libs from 4361 pm me and i would like to ask for the 4627 as it is quite difficult to find today ^^

Anyhow, that's really cool, my XBOX homebrew target is back on tracks now i can see a proper emu to run & test my code. ;-)

keep on the good work guyz!

·
Registered
423 Posts
@OzzyyzzO : Please keep us informed of any incompatibilities you might encounter - I'm sure we can fix most problems if we can inspect the related implementation-details of your homebrew project(s?).

I'm currently in the process of centralizing duplicate code; we've inherited that from our Cxbx roots, and I'd like to keep things clean, lean & mean ;)

Just for the general interest, last night I found out that some Direct3D functions mask out the high nibble of memory-addresses returned from MmAllocateContiguousMemory(Ex) !!!
Perhaps these bits are used as flags or something, but that doesn't really matter - it should "just work". But because we allocate memory from a high range, the address becomes invalid because of this masking. The end result is, that Dxbx crashes when it accesses that invalid memory address. So to fix this, I'll have to implement proper memory-management (instead of forwarding it all to the host). Wish me luck ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Is it possible to get portable versions that don't require an installer? Like having the program directory just packaged in a ZIP/RAR/7z.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I don't really care, I just want portable versions one way or another. Whether it's in a ZIP/RAR/7z archive or its through PortableApps.com just get it done. :p

And no, this is not critical, so it's not like I absolutely NEED them, but I prefer portable versions over installer versions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts