Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, happy christmas everyone.

It has been a while since the last official release of 0.0.0.7, but finnaly its there.
Version 0.0.0.9 of Dxbx as a special christmas release.

The setup can be downloaded from the project page
Shadow_tj - 3d and development

Happy hollidays everyone.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'd like to add that this release also marks a major milestone of mine:

We overcame the FS[$20]-problem we where experiencing since august!

The thing is, that when you do I/O (like when logging messages to a file), the bleeping win32 kernel somehow decides that it's a good idea to switch the FS register back to whatever it was under win32! Now that I know that, it's quite easy to circumvent this problem : Just don't do I/O while inside the Xbox FS state!

Good, all well and done - we now can finally continue our translation of Cxbx code to Delphi, in the mean time improving on it as we go.

As always : Anyone willing to join us is more than welcome.

Cheers!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Merry:santa: christmas to you Patrickvl and Shadow_tj you have made some nice progress along the year and i hope that continues next year and keep us informed when new progress happens. Maybe you could also work together with the cxbx team to get more information out of the xbox as it seems still pretty unknown area. Ofcouse remember to rest and enjoy of the holidays.

and thanks from the new version:thumb:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nexxes, if you refer to the website for the 0% then yah mistaken... this info is yust not inserted into the website.
as you could see all the files are 0% by the website so then you would not even load stuff into memmory.

However the DxbxDll is not showing anny screens yet, lots of things are hapening beneath the surface.
Even with the latest changes patrick made, prehaps we gone get some screens also.
Lots of stuff already been translated... only some things are in the way yust like the
fs$20 problem.

When these things are fixed, more pieces of the puzzle gone fit together.

Now i go back to eat some more and watch a movie ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts