Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
100% emulated freak
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok this only started happening during the liberation of dune. I would perform a natural save, and I would get a message like "good god, failed to save" and the previous journal is now corrupted. sometimes it takes as long as 5 attempts to get a good save. At first I wasn't too worried, because I had savestates, but after a journal was corrupted, if I loaded a previous save state, it would ask me to format the entire memcard. I have since started with 2 memcards saving alternately to them, but I still get the "good god failed to save" message.

I recently installed XP pro on my system, but that was back at rexwood, and the problem didn't start until dune. any ideas? I am using an iso and pete's soft .54 and eternal spu.

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Try pressing F4. It helps most memory card problems.

·
100% emulated freak
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not against F4 or anything,I am just curious why the problem has just now started...

·
Registered
129 Posts
It's a symptom of continually loading and saving save states. When you save a state from a a game you've loaded from a savestate what you're really doing is copying a copy, sort ofl. Not exactly, because the state IS different, but small errors in the state can build up over time to make big errors.

That's my guess anyway.

Amberion :cool:

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Originally posted by Amberion
It's a symptom of continually loading and saving save states. When you save a state from a a game you've loaded from a savestate what you're really doing is copying a copy, sort ofl. Not exactly, because the state IS different, but small errors in the state can build up over time to make big errors.

That's my guess anyway.

Amberion :cool:
Man, you're confusing. But I think that Zeke_D is saving naturally from the memory card, not from save states, so I don't think that is the problem.

·
100% emulated freak
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pressed F4 and it has never happened again, I am guessing that I might have pressed F4 at sometime without realizing it, and pressing it again fixed the problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts