Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, are there any DVD Games out? All the next Gen Systems use some sort of DVD drive. If there aren't any, will they ever come out with any or is there some sort of problem doiing that. If anyone is coming out with themand when.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
i have seen some pc games on dvd before. there are also a couple games that can play in any dvd player: dragon's lair, etc.
the reason why they havent caught on is because dvd drives still arent as popular. even though most new pcs are being packaged with dvd drives now, there still are quite a large number of people out there without em. thus is still isnt quite lucrative for dvd based pc games yet. however, as dvd drive are slowly becoming standard there will of course be more dvd based pc games available. But since DVD has been around for a good while, i wouldnt count on seeing them as the standard for maybe another five years..

S

·
0 Posts
I saw a few adventure-ish games on dvd (weird, same with cd, first games that appear on it are always those crappy adventure games with lots of movie fragments in it).

I finally got a dvd(rom) drive as well, but for now mainly to play movies on :)

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
At the mom there aren't too many dvd only titles available. But as you said most of the next gen consoles have dvd so I'd expect that this would change shortly as ports from consoles will probably be on dvd also. This in turn would spir ppl inot getting systems with dvd-rom and cause a chicken/egg scenario.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts