Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a LG-4160B DVD burner for my best mate, so ill burn stuff all the time now!

We want to know whats the best Authoring tool, backup tool, and any other info, we´re just DVD n00bs!

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
I use Elby's CloneDVD for backing up my DVD's

·
Registered
254 Posts
DVDShrink is a very good program to backup dvds.

-DeathPenalty

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And for DVD authoring?

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for reviving this, but i still need a DVD Authoring tool.
I currently have Nero Visionexpress 3, is it good enough?

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
NeroVision is good and pretty simple to use. DVD-Lab can make more professional looking dvd's, but is pretty hard to use without taking a deep look. Also im not sure if DVD-Lab can export avi files and such to format which dvd understands, but theres always TMPGEnc program for that. NeroVision in the otherhand has exporting function thought it cannot (atleast i didnt manage to) queue a group of videos to export. You have to export them one at time. Kinda wierd... oO

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill take a look @DVD-Lab, for now ill stick with nerovision.
TMPGenc is a little complicated for me, even with tutorials....

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
anyone know how Nero is at making dvds cause i just got a dvdburner too.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Presuming you want to make DVD video discs, get nerovision express software, not nero burner, from www.nero.com
Its in package 2, if i remember correctly. Its quite simple to use, but if you need tutorial, i can write a quick one.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
fivefeet8 said:
You can also use WinDVD Creator. It's got a good simple menu to work step by step from importing videos(AVi, MPG), authoring, and burning. It's not free though.
Can it queue multiple videos in exporting?

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
I mean, can it convert multiple (for example) divx videos to format which dvd understands? Nerovision could only do one at time.

·
Registered
614 Posts
nero is pretty good just for a main screen with sub menu's and thats about it.

personally i just use a shot of the the movie as the main menu with 10 minute chapters.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts