Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I've got a problem. See I got this comp back in july and built it with a friend. Anyways since about a month ago I noticed my DVD drive (LITE ON SOHW-1693S) slowed down in speed considerably while ripping an ISO from a disc, ever since then it became a pain. It wouldn't play some audio CDs, doesn't play DVDs and if I put a blank disk in it, it would freeze my comp. I honestly thought the problem was the drive since as you can tell is cheap and LITE ON is brand I heard a lot of people complain about. So I did what I thought would be the obvious thing to do and bought another drive (PLEXTOR PX-740A). So there I was thinking the problem would be eradicated by newly purchased drive only to find the problem persists. I think it can be a problemthe Motherboard but I am running out of ideas here I changed IDE ports and everything is the same. If someone has a good idea of what problem may be please let me know...
thank you.
Any comments or ideas will be highly appreciated.

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[Clements] said:
DFI motherboards are among the best (if not, the best). I guess you could try the very latest nForce4 driver set from Guru3D.com and see if that makes a difference. Uninstall the older drivers first. If that doesn't work, then the issue may be solvable by updating the motherboard BIOS to the latest revision.

OK. I know I have the latest NForce drivers for my MoBo, Anyways. reformatting my hard drive seems like the solution huh?
thank you.

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright I reinstalled the Mobo drivers and it seems to be working better. It plays DVD now and most CDs still can't get the play the latest Fearfactory CD I bought for some reason and it still worries me. by the way if you like fear factory don't buy that Cd it sucks...Oh i changed IDE cables. thanks. I heard updating firmware can screw up my drive is that true?
thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.