Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok,I have a Memorex 16x DDL-IN dvd rom drive I am trying to get the max speed out of it,the dma modes are enabled on the ide channels, so I was wondering if there is another way I can boost the dvd rom speed through the computer, weather it was from a utility or through something on windows xp.I could of swore I could adjust the speeds to max in the registry or something like that,but I may be wrong so that is why I ask. Any input would be appreciated thanx

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
the speed set is the PEAK speed, real burning/reading speeds will range from anywhere between 8x and 16x

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the speed set is the PEAK speed, real burning/reading speeds will range from anywhere between 8x and 16x
ya I understand that only it used to take me like 10 to 12 mins to burn a single layered disc now its take about 20 mins and this was after I formatted my pc and I have all settings in my burning software set to fastest read/write speed.So basically for single layer I should be hitting 16x max speed,but the highest Ive seen it hit was like 8.6x which I was told should be the max speed or around the max speed for a dual layer disc.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
installed the latest chipset drivers?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
installed the latest chipset drivers?
well no,but evidentally there is none Ive checked memorex website and I cant even find the right drive on their website to find the drivers so therefore I would have to go thru another site that might have the latest drivers but I cant find one not even thru google.

·
Registered
443 Posts
By chipset drivers I believe Squall is referring to your motherboard.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Koko, you can guarantee that anyone with a location set to 1 is a bot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts