Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
I get that picture in any BIOS that doesn't have ROM1, ROM2, EROM. But with the Europe v01.90 [23-06-2003] Console [00] I have ROM1, ROM2, EROM and it stops at a blank screen.

Also CDDA got me the below shot ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
CKemu said:
I get that picture in any BIOS that doesn't have ROM1, ROM2, EROM. But with the Europe v01.90 [23-06-2003] Console [00] I have ROM1, ROM2, EROM and it stops at a blank screen.

Also CDDA got me the below shot ;)

Unless Magic Gate is emulated dvd play back wont be possible as the DVD Player elf is Magic Gated from what I understand.

Matt

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
auMatt said:
Unless Magic Gate is emulated dvd play back wont be possible as the DVD Player elf is Magic Gated from what I understand.

Matt
I've always wondered what that "Magic Gate" is anyways. I've seen it written on the memory card slot covers, but never really understood what it is. So, just curious as to what it is and what it does.:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
generalplot said:
I've always wondered what that "Magic Gate" is anyways. I've seen it written on the memory card slot covers, but never really understood what it is. So, just curious as to what it is and what it does.:)

Magic Gate is used to authenticate a file. In this case it authenticates the region etc for decrypting the dvd elf. It is also used in HDD Browser for PS2. From what I understand Magic Gate does not actually do the decrypting, some other hardware does that all Magic Gate does is make sure the correct region and allowable file is being decrypted.

Matt

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
auMatt said:
Magic Gate is used to authenticate a file. In this case it authenticates the region etc for decrypting the dvd elf. It is also used in HDD Browser for PS2. From what I understand Magic Gate does not actually do the decrypting, some other hardware does that all Magic Gate does is make sure the correct region and allowable file is being decrypted.

Matt

fix0r it :D I want dvd play back! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.