Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have a problem with using my lite-on 451s dvd/rw drive with vista.

This has been problem for atleast a year and cant find a solution for it.
Actually i have two computers with the same problem with lite-on.

When i example put a music cd on the drive it does show it is a audio cd but i cant play them. Actually vista just hangs and wont do anything before i take the cd off from the drive. What is really weird that the windows wont even start up if there is a cd in the drive.

I beleive this has something to do with windows updates.

I would be really grateful if anybody knows what could help here:(

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the drive is borked.
Sorry my english understanding but what means borked.

If you mean that the drive is broken, i dont think so, because in my other computer with lite-on and vista has the same problem and that drive is pretty new. And i also have a pretty old dvd drive and the same problem and that is not lite-on drive, they both worked fine before, even in vista.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
swap the r and the o

Borked <=> Broked

·
Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
I don't get why people buy DVD/RWs made by cheap brands like Lite-On. Just spend an extra buck or two and get an ASUS, LG, Sony or Samsung.

·
Final Fantasy XXX
2,425 Posts
When something bad happened or unexpected it is always best to blame Windows Vista =)

I don't know what happened but I think it's safe/best to blame Vista because this is as far my intelligent goes...

·
Banned
35,081 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally got my all 3 dvd drives to work in vista with right motherboard marvell ide drivers. Even my about 8 year old toshiba drive works great now. Ide can be a real pain sometimes. Do they still make ide drives, like cd and harddrives or are they all sata or usb?

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Intel is pushing IDE to its death.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.