Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to limit the amount of dust that accumulates inside of my computer case (the last time I opened it was bad)

I do not know anything about this subject. Can anyone here give me some information? (Solutions, products)

·
band
4,912 Posts
some ppl make their own from coffee filters or panty hose (simply wrap around the fan and then elastic band it).

there ARE commercial ones (i have two, one for each of the intake fans in my computer) that you can buy and depending on how much you are willing to pay, some are two-piece sets, meanign you can take it apart easily and wash the filter part without removing the entire complex. i think these ones are better because they're designed to do the job and makes it simple to clean ^^.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
I hella stuffed scotch brite pads in the front of my case. Get the heavy duty ones, you should be able to find them in your kitchen supplies section of the grocery store. They work REALLY well as ive had atleast a 5mm layer of dust built up on them one time.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I just open up my case every couple months and vaccuum it out (very carefully) And it is clean as a whistle :) Just kee it clean, but filters do help out somewhat. But it doesn't mean you won't have to clean it still.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.