Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, firstly0- i know there are 1001 of these threads, but i just cant find any way to make it work- everytime i try and use the downloaded bios for pcsx2- it says cannot find bios: bios
so i decided i would dump them from my ps2, however i have no rewritable disks and no modchip. All i have is an ethernet cable and some usb drives

can anyone put me out of my misery? and tell me if there is a way to do it with an ethernet cable ( i have no problem downloading new programs) or usb without modchipping / burning disks i have seen one or a guide or two but ill be honest- im not the most computer literate person in the world- i can scarcely tell my .iso from my .bin- so a nice simple guide would be fantastic!

matt

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm pretty sure he's saying he hasn't got the BIOS from his PS2 yet.He needs to know how to connect his PS2 to his PC instead of writing the BIOS to a CD/DVD.
Selafyn,I'm not sure but if you have a blank cd/dvd you should be able to use that,I would be surprised if you need a rewriteable disk (I'm guessing that the instructions say rewritable cos the BIOS file is so small and means you've wasted a disk on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha! well- ive been fiddling with all sorts of settings, changing the biogs, trying every way under the sun to get the bios and you guys solved it in a second ^^, if anyone needed proof how new i am to emulators, i didn't have the pscx2 searching in the right folder for the bios- so i changed the config (like suggested) and it works a treat ! thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.