Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm suprised a thread about this hasn't been created. Bobrocks showed this to me 2 days ago so i'm a little suprised he nor anyone else created a thread on this

well here we go. This video is even better then the one on gametrailers, has an interview with Jace Hall interview who played the game talking about it, and additional footage not seen in gametrailers upload.

Listening to him talk makes me feel even more sad at the realization of what we've lost. :(

·
Demon
1,204 Posts
Well, the interview sucked. It was just 'Oh god Duke is back he's so awesome and it's Duke and what the hell this game is so awesome Duke is the king YEAH BABY!"

The footage, I had already seen (and linked to in the official 3D Realms is dead thread), and I'm sad DNF will probably never see the light of day considering how much fun it looks. Not to mentioned the leaked plot, which sounded all kinds of crazy and awesome.

Leaked images and plot

·
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well, the interview sucked. It was just 'Oh god Duke is back he's so awesome and it's Duke and what the hell this game is so awesome Duke is the king YEAH BABY!"
Thats your opinion man. You can only ascertain so much from the leaked footage, so having someone who is half capable of communicating and thinking reflecting on their opinion of playing some of the game is a worthwhle addition. I found his interview to be interesting to listen to. It simply re-enforces the preport of that Dukenukem Forever being on track to being something special. Sure he was taking about how awesome it was, but its simply because in his eyes it very well did elicit that experience from him when he got an opportunity to play through some of it.

If a game is awesome why would you not be a little giddy and enthusiastic about the game and why would you not talk about it with fondness?

Also in the last quarter of the movie they show some additional footage not seen in the gametrailers video.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Sure he was taking about how awesome it was, but its simply because in his eyes it very well did elicit that experience from him when he got an opportunity to play through some of it.
Seriously, I would have pretty much said the same thing if I was the game tester and the rest of the game was like the footage. It feels like a special game just looking at the footages, and the amount of time they invested into animations and other elements of the game is just fantastic.

And I gotta admit, those graphics don't look half-bad either. The game could have been a blast whenever it got released. Not sure why they had to hold it back so much after all that they'd done...

Also in the last quarter of the movie they show some additional footage not seen in the gametrailers video.
The last quarter, I believe, consists of bits and pieces of the past released footages and they might or might not be familiar to some, but at least I recognized some of them.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Well i hope they continue it except for to much glossy/reflection effect (Duke looks like plastic) the game looks to be kick a... and to also have the good old fun that comes with the name Duke.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Man after reading some of the comments from some message boards with regards to all the media leaks of DNF, there seems to be a good majority who believe that this is all a publicity stunt to drum up attention for a big announcement at E3. How I wish this to be true because after seeing some of the stuff in these videos I would very much like to have a go at DNF.

·
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really wished they had hired a couple chimpanzees to code a few Hannah Montana or Highschool Musical Nintendo DS games in the interm to support themselves.

·
I Am Merely A Pawn...
826 Posts
snicko: a lot of 4chan's /v/ board are reckoning it's a publicity stunt.
with comments thoughout the thread being encouragement to support the idea that duke isn't dead.
including suggestions like:
I just thought of something.

3Drealms revived the Apogee name recently and starting using it to create mobile games. Perhaps this is one giant stunt to "kill off" the 3Drealms name and use the Apogee name.
comment on the image used on the frontpage of savedukenukem.com said:
if you hexedit the image
tEXtSoftware.Macromedia Fireworks 8.h.x....tEXtCreation Time.03/19/09
If the whole plot was leaked, then why does the whole game take place on APRIL 1ST?

ALWAYS BET ON DOUK
and while this is all hearsay and speculation, there's some sense in there. which is unusual for 4chan.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Well, here's another scenario that I think would fit into this specific case:

They (the staff at 3DRealms) already knew before hand the closure of 3DRealms, and assuming it suddenly dawned on them that they no longer had the resources to keep going and the company has to declare bankruptcy, then I can kind of imagine their reactions at that time. So as not to let twelve years worth of efforts go in vain, they quickly registered and created a separate domain, as well as throwing out a LOT of footages of their current works so fans and non-fans all around the world may now start to pay attention to DNF and will be able to "support" them somewhat in the near future. Quite likely, the "coming soon..." website is going to have a donation system to ask for some capitals so the team can keep going.

A separate domain would make sense if 3DRealms, as a company, is going to file bankruptcy and thus its website (3drealms.com) has to inevitably go down at some point, rendering it a not-so-good choice of a place to ask for donations.

They are obviously asking for attention, but I think it's more of a cry for help with the financial problems rather than a stunt to deceive their loyal fans and to suddenly announce at E3 that they did a late April Fools (yeah... right... a month late?) or anything like that.

If you consider the recent interviews with the staffs, you'll somewhat have an idea of how upset they are at the sudden closure, and how dire the situation actually is. What's amazing is that they never realized it. Probably too occupied with polishing this game.

Well, just my two cents, but I think that makes more sense than saying they're pulling a stunt. These are hard times. Really really hard times. It's not so surprising that a company or two has to close. It'd be more surprising if someone tries to pull a stunt.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I'd say DNF will be finished by Apogee

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
The thing is, its best not for a game to have a long production cycle. Look at FF12. Part of the bashing it received is because of the 5 year long weight time. The longer the time, the bigger peoples expectations.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
part of the problem was the multiple times the game engine changed....

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
the game doesn't suck :p... anyone who says otherwise will have their neck used as a toilet >.<

·
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.