Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Back to regular business
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, folks, I got bored. Sinnce I first played Duke 3D, I liked its black humour, especially the voice acting was hilarious. Since I never found a place where to find those voices, I made my own voice collection ripped from the Duke Nukem 64 rom which was the easiest solution I could think of.

I would gladly share the approx. 1,5MB and 61 voice samples big archive, but I don't know if it would be legal to post things like that here. If anyone has an opinion about this, answer please.

P.S.: I think that I got everything except the "Born To Be Wild!" sample...

· Foundry/Foundation
11,824 Posts
I think one should be able to get the sound files from the pc version as well, using the editors that came with them....
I remember playing around with those. I wasn't too good at it, though.
I was able to make simple levels (no doors) with pictures of girls etc. on the walls. :rolleyes:
I also liked the "Platoon" mod. Anyone remember that? :)

3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I guess that the N64 samples are not of the best quality. On the other hand, I didn't find them anywhere else...

BTW: Epsilon, your avatar is pretty disturbing :p

· Registered
1,585 Posts
Samor said:
I think one should be able to get the sound files from the pc version as well, using the editors that came with them....
I remember playing around with those. I wasn't too good at it, though.
I was able to make simple levels (no doors) with pictures of girls etc. on the walls. :rolleyes:
I made a few maps, as well as for Shadow Warrior, of which one was quite complex (e.g. multiple layered maps). Build was fun, because seeing the traps you made so easily were great to see getting to fruition so well during LAN games. :p (I also had secret bases in one of 'em so I could trigger and watch various traps myself :evil:)

F-3582: I think the soundfiles are copyrighted by 3DR. ;) And they were packed in Duke3D.grp, where you could find them all in .voc format. Including the "Born to be wild" one. ;) You need a .grp unpacker though, which I don't recall being part of the original toolset.

3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm... that really sounds like Duke is ghey or something. I mean, he also said that he was totally out of "gum"... Ouch!

· Emunext fanboy
4,245 Posts
I was able to make simple levels (no doors) with pictures of girls etc. on the walls.
Mary map :p ?
Duke Nukem was fun for sometime, but well Doom was the dominant. I don't think ripping sounds and showing them is illegal, or else all sprite rips are also illegal which is not.

· Foundry/Foundation
11,824 Posts
cloudvii said:
Mary map :p ?
No, photographs. ;)
I did use own drawings in Grand Prix 2 though; like replacing crew with girls and changing adverts. ;)
GP2, I played (and modded) that so much....mostly used other people's mods, but I did some myself...not of very high quality, though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.