Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dude! classic mario wont work!!!!,when i load it it says gamepack error,turn off your game,wtf?!? can some one plz help!

ps: it does it to all the other classics too

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
first of all my name isnt dude....
second VBA doesnt seem to want to play any "original" games, its a known issue. I dont know what the status is with the other emulators...so you could try RascalBoy and no$gba to see if they boot on those

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dude, seriouisly, here is what I do when I want to play classic games:

I still have my NES system, and it's hooked up to a 32 inch flat screen TV. :D

Since I own nearly every NES game, I can happily say that I can use PocketNES on my GBA Flash Cart legally. This is the way to play NES games on your GBA!

Or get a boring EMU for your PC (Well, the one that has Netplay = good!)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Just play the damn classics on the nes or yet the nes emualtors:),but try out the other gba emus to see if those classics will work.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
No emulators will work because they don't implement prefetch emulation. The latest CVS version does and will work. The games seems to have 3 types of protection:

1. sram detection
2. lack of prefetch emulation
3. lack of mirroring of rom image (causes slow responsiveness of controls)

VBA now emulates #2 and #1 can be avoided by setting the save type. #3 just needs the file to be bigger (duplicate the contents at the end).

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Does the actual GBA play original nintendo games. I think it does for some but if I remeber correctly some don't work so it may not be the emulator but the actual GBA hardware itself.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
The classic nes roms are sold in stores, so they work on the GBA. NES games will not work directly on the GBA. They need an emulator to run in the GBA itself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts