Next Generation Emulation banner

Duckstation DWVII Scene Freezing

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Namejeff 
#1 ·
As the title says I'm playing through Dragon Warrior 7 and today I noticed when I save at. Church (not an open adventure log) and reload in to the save from a full restart of the Emulator at the last line of dialog the priest says it just freezes I can't press any buttons or anything my character stops moving and the assets in the background like the fire on the torches stop moving but weirdly enough the music continues to play. I thought oh ok I'll just use save states to play and save but then during one scene the game did it again. It was completely fine yesterday when I saved at churches I could load back in bit now it won't let me I can post a video if anyone needs a more clear idea but I'd really appreciate the help asap I don't want to just stop playing this I've been having so much fun.

#3 ·
Check the game hash like so.

To see if the ISO you got is bad, green checkmarks good, red

To see if the ISO you got is bad, green checkmarks good, red x bad.

To see if the ISO you got is bad, green checkmarks good, red x bad.
Green Check
heres a video to show you whats going on 20221125 192530
it doesnt do this in other emulators but ive put 17 hours in to it on duck maybe theres away to transfer saves idk

#4 ·
Dunno, have you used any chests, what settings you're using, are you loading from

As for save transfer you can't transfer save states just menory cards, they all use the same format so you can just copy and paste or just load the same file in the other emulator.
Alternatively Duckstation has a menory card editor so you can copy your saves to another menory card

#5 ·
Dunno, have you used any chests, what settings you're using, are you loading from

As for save transfer you can't transfer save states just menory cards, they all use the same format so you can just copy and paste or just load the same file in the other emulator.
Alternatively Duckstation has a menory card editor so you can copy your saves to another menory card
So atm my move is to transfer the memory card to ePsxe finish the scene and then transfer it back to duckstation (ePSXE isnt very good)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.