Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DuckStation is Sony PlayStation emulator, focusing on playability, speed, and long-term maintainability. The goal is to be as accurate as possible while maintaining performance suitable for low-end devices.

Here are changes for latest development builds:
  • CDImageCHD: Implement precaching
  • dep/libchdr: arm64 compile fix on MSVC
  • dep/libchdr: Remove libFLAC dependency
  • Update Cheat DB
  • Add es-es locale
  • Spanish translation overhaul
  • Atualização Português do Brasil
  • fix and update japanese translations

:: Code at Github
:: Latest development builds
:: DuckStatation related news post at PSEmu.pl
:: Older builds for Linux and Windows, Android, macOS.

·
Registered
156 Posts
DuckStation is Sony PlayStation emulator, focusing on playability, speed, and long-term maintainability. The goal is to be as accurate as possible while maintaining performance suitable for low-end devices.

View attachment 202154

Here are changes for latest development builds:

:: Code at Github
:: Latest development builds
:: DuckStatation related news post at PSEmu.pl
:: Older builds for Linux and Windows, Android, macOS.
I know the original dev of Duckstation Stenzek released the source code for it, but I thought he ended development for it as well unless someone else picked up where he left off or is this a fork of the original Duckstation?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I know the original dev of Duckstation Stenzek released the source code for it, but I thought he ended development for it as well unless someone else picked up where he left off or is this a fork of the original Duckstation?
the original developer redeveloped the project, without changing the license, and still helps the development of at least PCSX2. (DuckStation - DS - NO LONGER being a core of RetroArch - RA -... now we only have SwanStation, however, it's the same thing... an exact fork on RA). [DS is standalone only]

the beef was a fight between the DS Dev and possibly the RA direction. DS accused RA of stealing code (OPENSOURCE apparently) but still undisclosed... and it looks like there were more old issues involved...

I DON'T want to know who's right and I'm not here to heat up the bullshit... just brush up on the subject.

cheers!

·
Registered
156 Posts
the original developer redeveloped the project, without changing the license, and still helps the development of at least PCSX2. (DuckStation - DS - NO LONGER being a core of RetroArch - RA -... now we only have SwanStation, however, it's the same thing... an exact fork on RA). [DS is standalone only]

the beef was a fight between the DS Dev and possibly the RA direction. DS accused RA of stealing code (OPENSOURCE apparently) but still undisclosed... and it looks like there were more old issues involved...

I DON'T want to know who's right and I'm not here to heat up the bullshit... just brush up on the subject.

cheers!
I was already aware of the drama and Stenzek's involvement w/ some of the recent features implemented in PCSX2. I was just unaware of further development being made towards Duckstation on PC.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I was already aware of the drama and Stenzek's involvement w/ some of the recent features implemented in PCSX2. I was just unaware of further development being made towards Duckstation on PC.
I personally have seen more than 3 updates... the development seems to be going well.

maybe he does NOT implement everything we may want in the PC version... but on android maybe there is something new.

anyway, everything posted on github will be immediately copied to SwanStation, without a doubt. and if they have to change commas in the code to say they made "similar" updates "without copying", they will.

and honestly I'm very pleased with it.

this is not the first time, but I will never understand clauses barring commercial use of publicly available code. please DO NOT try to explain it to me. I will not understand.

I don't understand any license to begin with. if I have access to something intellectually produced I ALWAYS, without exception, make use of it exactly as I prefer. licenses mean nothing to me but a joke.

it's like "don't step here" signs. someone will step... and if it is important not to step, it is the duty of the one who intends to protect it to do something active rather than passive about it.

"don't do it like that"... ahem, wait there, Claudia.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts