Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Works fine here. Something worth mentioning though is that the dev behind this driver released a 64bit version. For anyone with a 64bit Windows OS and a SixAxis/DS3 PS3 controller, I say give this driver a shot.

As for the OP's problem, it sounds like a classic case of user error. :/

7,022 Posts
libUSB drivers were hit-and-miss when I was using XP 32bit. Make sure you've completely removed those other previous drivers.

Which driver are you using from that site? The latest one is in blog #9. Make sure you are using that one if/when the site comes back up. (The web host for motioninjoy.com sure is sh***y! :lol:)

And oh, have a screenshot of my controller config:

View attachment 204191

7,022 Posts
Good to hear. :)

The settings in the pic are the best settings to use for DS1/2/3 controllers. Currently the driver doesn't support rumble and the D-pad isn't set up as a POV or hat switch like it should be. (each button is mapped individually) The driver's dev says that rumble will be added and the mapping issues will be fixed in the future.

7,022 Posts
I've been intending to write up a thread featuring the MotionInJoy drivers once I felt they had matured enough.

According to the website and readme file, you have to install the latest x64 driver (this driver has changed since my previous posts i.e. no longer blog 9) and then install the vibration update on top of that driver.

Select your gamepad profile and enable rumble and then click on 'Enable Option'. After that you can close the DS3tool window. For me, the program usually crashes on exit but does seem to save my selected options. Please note that most of the gamepad profiles don't work in the x64 driver.

View attachment 205408

Also, if you're actually using a Sixaxis gamepad, you will not get rumble under any circumstances. Ensure vibration is turned on in FF8 by pausing the game and turning on vibration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.