Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen about 4,000,000,000,000 threads all copied from the same person, about how a japanese guy got drivers online to support the rumble feature from the DS3 controller online.

Well that's all well and good but it won't work for me lol.. I get all the way to the part where I am installing the dualshock3.inf driver file (even tried the DX file) and when it gets to the Update Driver software.. it just sits there saying Installing driver software FOREVER... until after 5-10 mins it times out. Then saying it timed out and didn't install blah blah blah... ugh lol

Any advice?

AND sorry if it is in the wrong forum :(

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops I meant to specify. I have a 32-bit OS...

An update to this.. While it said it had not installed it, when I went back into the drivers, it had changed the name and was showing the drivers as being there.. Well I couldn't get rumble support to work nor the controller anymore.. (I had been using the libusb one before.) well after a couple hours of frustration I used system restore to go back before the update and just went back tithe libusb method.. Works fine, just no rumble for ff8 :(

· Banned
35,081 Posts
i got this working easily.

firstly, you need to have the latest Dx+bimonthly installed.

after that, connect the control, install the DS3 dx driver, then turn on the control and plug it in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.