Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if pete has a gpu plugin that works well with a dual monitor setup for fullscreen cuase everytime i try fullscreening with epsxe on the second monitor it ends up on the first instead. so i was wondering if there was a way of getting it to show up and my second monitor just happens to be my tv considering i watch a lot of movies and shows on my computer so i hooked it up to my tv for it.

here are my specs: Amd Atholon 64x2 3800+ at 2.1ghz (939), Nvidia 7600GS 512 megs, 1.5gigs of ram windows xp pro sp3 32bit, creative x-fi extremegamer, anything else you need to know?

oh right im using the opengl 2.9 plugin for the shaders yet it doesnt have the option to choose which graphics card i wanna choose like the built in plugin does and choosing it on there doesnt work. and i know the other gpu plugins have it but i want to be able to use shaders as well so would it be possible to add the select grpics card option into the opengl 2.9 gpu plugin?

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how would i go about setting that up correctly? im use to doing movies and stuff on my tv thats why i use it and psx emulator has no problems switching monitors so i havent had to play around with nview before. i do use it to resize stuff tho when its to small

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,492 Posts
Look at your Start menu. Right click the nVidia icon and go to nView Desktop Manager > nView Properties.

A window will open up. Enable nView Desktop Manager.

Be sure to check out the other tabs and set other options as necessary. (particularly the 'Applications' tab ;))

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok that works somewhat now if only it didnt change the reosultion of my primary monitor along with it lol. my primary monitor is set to 1280x1924 and my epsxe fullscreen is set to default in opengl 2.9. my tv cant use anything larger then 1024x768

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,492 Posts
Is your computer set to use dual view instead of clone? In clone mode, both screens display at the same resolution. In dual view, you can specify separate resolutions.

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its set to dual view with a s-video cable coneenting the tv and a vga for the monitor

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,492 Posts
That's strange. Is the OpenGL renderer set to 1024x768 or lower when displaying it on your TV?

I *think* I remember having the same problem several years ago. The problem was the S-video connection. Nowadays, I use a fully digital display setup. My laptop screen is connected internally via DVI (of course :rolleyes:) and my HDTV is connected via a DVI-HDMI adapter.

If a game requests a different resolution on either screen, both screens flicker, but only the screen that needed the resolution change actually changes.

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ive only got up to a s-video connection on my tv sence its a store name from bestbuy from like 2 years ago 20 inch crt tv stantard definition and no digital turner built in. and yes its set to the highest that my tv can supoort which is 1024x768 and my monitor switches along with the tv. even tho psx doesnt cause the issue and neaither do any other programs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts