Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to try out this new OS, but I'm not so keen on erasing my prior XP installs and start all-over; it is, after all, a pre-release build and probably has some stability issues due to that (not blaming MS for this, it's the case with all pre-release software). So can I achieve this? I Googled it and didn't find any substantial material on it, just some retards wanting to quad-boot XP, W7, Ubuntu and Mac OS X oO

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but I think all those distros use that GRUB boot-loader(?), whereas I have no idea what W7 uses.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
well try it.........i cant see why it shouldn't work....i mean there is no reason for ii to do so....

and if it does'nt.......that would one of the biggest failure of recent times

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't want to jump into things like this. I'm afraid it'll erase my XP's boot.ini or something

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it'll be the same as Vista?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
yep, though to be honest, you can fix xp by starting a repair install of XP then cancelling it, since it rewrites the boot ini and boot sector.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got rid of the BCEdit by inserting the Vista DVD are typing this into Run:

l:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt52 ALL /force

(where "l" represents the drive letter of the optical drive) Worked like a charm and did the job in less then 2 minutes. All I had to do after this was format the Vista partition and it was good as new :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts