Dual Booting Yes or No

• Yes i love Dual Booting.

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • No i prefer to work with one OS.

Votes: 16 55.2%

Dual Boot vs Single

3K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  DinJerr 
#1 ·
I for one prefer not to do it, i like to do everything in one OS and the commodity. If you choose dual boot then leave a post why (well if you choose single and want to leave a comment your free to).

#3 ·
I would usually run dual boot with XP and vista, i liked to use XP to run emulators and regular games, got much better performance on a crappy pc, and then i would use vista for doing school work and general browsing. I liked vistas look and sound control. I still have yet to really try 7 (friend has pc) but from what i can tell i may just run that instead

#5 ·
I used to do triple boot. A note to people think that dual or triple boot; it doesn't necessary means that those boots have to be from the same hdd, it can be from different hdd.

#10 ·
Well I chose "love multibooting" although that might be too strong a word.... I like it and its fun. I personally do enjoy multibooting if only for the opportunity to test out and fiddle with different OS. As time progresses and I eventually move to win7, i'm sure ill have even more reason to do so because of comparability issues with older games with win7.

#11 ·
Well I chose "love multibooting" although that might be too strong a word.... I like it and its fun. I personally do enjoy multibooting if only for the opportunity to test out and fiddle with different OS. As time progresses and I eventually move to win7, i'm sure ill have even more reason to do so because of comparability issues with older games with win7.
Run the compatibility mode or XP mode. Problem solved.

#12 ·
I never did it, though I have kept free a partition for XP, just in case :)

#13 ·
I have partition of Windows 98, just in case :)

#14 ·
Well i was thinking more along the lines of FF7 for pc and some other games. Not sure if compatability mode will work with that.

#16 ·
since I don't love to dual-boot
Well I chose "love multibooting" although that might be too strong a word
i used the first thing that came to mind, it should have probably been something like "I like multibooting" or "I use multibooting" anyway if you do it then choose that one :lol:.

As for the rest the motive i started this thread was because except for linux users i don't see any reason to do it (like for example having 7/XP or Vista/XP etc). Although until now i haven't seen one with witch i can be pleased, to be honest :p.

#19 ·
i have to run both windows xp and 7 on different harddrives right now because my windows xp is running like a snail and im trying to find a fix for it but nothing yet and i even tried the pio options out there and those didnt work at all. so the os has become unusable for an everyday thing so i installed windows 7 for now while i try and hunt down the problems and get them fixed with windows xp. as for linux i would have it installed if i had another harddrive to use which i dont

#21 · (Edited)
i used the first thing that came to mind, it should have probably been something like "I like multibooting" or "I use multibooting" anyway if you do it then choose that one :lol:.

As for the rest the motive i started this thread was because except for linux users i don't see any reason to do it (like for example having 7/XP or Vista/XP etc). Although until now i haven't seen one with witch i can be pleased, to be honest :p.
yeah thats the one i chose. Nah, it should be okay, i think most people understand what you meant. Btw wasn't criticizing your choice of words.

#25 ·
I dual boot most of the time but end up using only one OS the whole time. Honestly if Ubuntu had some better printer driver support i would completely switch over.

#26 ·
Dual boot is for babies. Triple boot FTW. :D

Win7 x64: Main OS
XP: Stuff that don't work on x64
Ubuntu 9.10: Webdev / OSS / nerdy stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.