Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
band
4,912 Posts
hahah was just looking at this too and was gonna post it >.< friggin ff8....

to me, it seems like the upper left corner of the dual 6800u card looks like an interface for sli.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I wonder how big it will be once they put fans/heatsinks on the cores. I bet they'll have to use some major fans to cool it down.

·
band
4,912 Posts
i wudnt be surprised if it comes with a waterblock. i mean, anyone hardcore enuff to buy this thing is hardcore enuff to invest in WC if he/she doesnt have it already.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
isnt it that the dual core cards are already in SLI, so you cant SLI those? i remember someone bringing that up with the dualcore 6600.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Yea, the dual GPU cards use the SLi technology to utilize them both, so you wouldn't be able to use two of them at the same time.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Unless nVidia update thier drivers to support it. IIRC the SLi is scaleable to a good degree.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
I don't see any SLI connector on that card, so it's unlikely that it'll support SLI.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Raziel said:
I don't see any SLI connector on that card, so it's unlikely that it'll support SLI.

Actually the connector isnt 100% required. DId ya know that? You can run without the connector but you lose about 30% of SLI's effectiveness. Not very attractive. I can just imagine the power 2 of those baby's consume. My 2 6800GTs consume alot as is.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Wow.. That card looks larger than my Voodoo5 5500! oO But that's to be expected from a card with 2 cores. Nothing wrong with more power!

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Few more shots, the one where the card is plugged into the mobo really makes you realize its size :p

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,357 Posts
Holy s***....oO

Yours,
-Elly

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Looks stupid imo. Wonder how much it goes for...

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
ASUS said the card might never make it to retail anyway.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Raziel said:
ASUS said the card might never make it to retail anyway.
Maybe on ebay someday then :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts