Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrono Archangel informed us in our forums, that a new version of the DS emulator <a href="http://dsemu.oopsilon.com/" TARGET="_blank">DSEmu</a> has been released, v0.0.1b to be exact.

As the version number suggests and as you might guess from the fact that this console isn't even on the market yet, this emulator is in very early stages and won't run anything particular yet, so it's mostly a GBA emulator running some demos for now. Now let's take a look at the changes for this version:
  • New version! That's right, DSemu is now at v0.0.1b; it's more an arbitrary change than anything. I have added multiple backgrounds into the Mode0 renderer, commented out some GPU detritus, and added some more ROMs in the archive. Do note however, that multiple backgrounds is currently untested.
» Check out some screenshots of this emu <a href="http://dsemu.oopsilon.com/shots.html" TARGET="_blank">here</a>.
» Visit the <a href="http://dsemu.oopsilon.com/" TARGET="_blank">DSEmu homepage</a> for more infos and the download.

·
Registered
43 Posts
upwardexhalebwn said:
how in the name of love and sex are You going to operate the stylus ?
This is what I'm saying.

The mouse seems like the obvious way to go. Someone should get the developers to comment on this. If they already released the emu they must atleast have a rough idea of how they're going to do it.

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
Antonio Jose said:
This is what I'm saying.

The mouse seems like the obvious way to go. Someone should get the developers to comment on this. If they already released the emu they must atleast have a rough idea of how they're going to do it.
i do beleivethat is how they are going to do it. itd be nice, for those who own one, to be able to use those WaCom thingies. nway its still very early to think about this

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Did they even release the sdk's for the DS yet? And if I'm not mistaken it dosen't run any GBA games eithier. Does this mean that the developers just put a DS in front of the name in "hopes" to make a DS emulator, or have they got the sdk's and actually are going to make an emulator. In other words, in your professional opinions, do you guys/girls think this will be a real ds emulator eventually or just a gba emulator.

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
Coolsvilleman said:
Did they even release the sdk's for the DS yet? And if I'm not mistaken it dosen't run any GBA games eithier. Does this mean that the developers just put a DS in front of the name in "hopes" to make a DS emulator, or have they got the sdk's and actually are going to make an emulator. In other words, in your professional opinions, do you guys/girls think this will be a real ds emulator eventually or just a gba emulator.
i do beleive his intentions are sincere. why would he give himself the trouble of actually starting to code something :p
lets not start doubting projects...shall we?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts