Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dscaler best config for RCA?

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I saw a thread here that talking about Dscaler.

I'm using Dscaler for playing ps2 but I don't have S-Video so I'm using RCA and the graphics are not that good. I know S-Video is better than RCA but I wanna ask the proper configuration and let see if there is a big improvement.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,477 Posts
I'm not particularly acclimated with DScaler, but I can tell you that we need to know what kind of TV input device you are using before we can be of some assistance. Though I can tell you that you should probably enable deinterlacing if that option is available.

If you were to try out VirtualDub, I can give you some pointers there.;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using RCA cable thru my tv tuner card saa7130 generic but some people says its the same chipsets from philips but I'm not sure

Can you play PS2 using virtualdub? can you teach me how to do this and the right configuration settings

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
Here it comes, it's a copy and paste:

Change resolution to 1280x720 in 32 bit mode or a 4:3 resolution depending on your monitor.

In Deinterlace i have enabled
Fall back to video
Judder terminator
Video Mocomp2 o Greedy, i personally prefer the last one.

In filters:

-Linear correction
-Sharpness with Fast memory access and value 226.
-Noise reduction gradual: Fast memory access and default value: 35
-Temporal Comb: fast memory access, high quality, maximum color variation:35, recall to past shimmering: 85, shimmering to activate: 70.

And the next part is the one that makes the difference, just make sure you use a S-video cable as it will make the image look way better.
Settings:

Video adjustments:
brightness: 10
contrast: 200
hue: 0
color: 301
color U: 373
Color V: 230

Overlay adjustments:
brightness: 83
contrast: 100
color: 159 or 179 (i used the first one in my GeForce and the second one in my radeon as it seems to have paler colors than the Geforce).
gamma: 1
sharpness: 10

Hope it helps and let me know how it went. I strongly suggest you use S-video as it will make the image really sharp and the color will be solid. It really makes a difference.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,477 Posts
And here's a VirtualDub version...

First, open VirtualDub and go to File > Capture AVI

Go under 'Device' and select your capture card driver. (It will be something else besides what I have selected in the picture:p)

Go under 'Audio' and check 'Enable Audio Playback'.

Go to Capture > Timings and you will see a screen like this. Every capture card is different, so you may have to use different setting than me. Keep this in mind because you may have to return to this screen several times while fiddling with the timings to make the audio and video play in sync.

Go under 'Video' and select 'Preview'. You may want/need to set a specific type of preview acceleration. I need to set 'Interlaced - frames' or else I encounter some serious synchronization issues.

Next, go to Video > Filter Chain > Filter list and select the deinterlace filter and set it to 'Blend'. You can try some of the other deinterlacing settings, but I find 'Blend' to be the best choice that VirtualDub has to offer out of its built-in filters.

Finally, go to Video > Filter Chain and check 'Enable' or else any filters you have selected will not actually work.

Also, you can press Alt-Enter to go fullscreen. (And yes, the mouse cursor will disappear:p)

Kazuya-san's directions look pretty solid to me, so DScale should work with those setting. (maybe a slight tweak if it's not exact)

If all else fails, VDub is worth a shot. Be warned though, it's definitely not for beginners and requires a bit of patience. This is the first time I've tried using video capture mode under Windows 7 64bit. I could only get the XP64 drivers to install properly. (Vista64's drivers basically s**t the bed on me.:dead:) Even so, I had a tough time getting them to work properly. (no problems when I was on XP32 :/)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Video adjustments:
brightness: 10
contrast: 200
color: 301
color U: 373
Color V: 230

Overlay adjustments:
brightness: 83
contrast: 100
color: 159 or 179 (i used the first one in my GeForce and the second one in my radeon as it seems to have paler colors than the Geforce).
gamma: 1
sharpness: 10
Kazuya, what version of Dscaler you are using? The maximum value I can put on the video and overlay settings are 255.

And the color U and color V I can't change them from 0.

is this because I'm not using S-Video. I don't have s-video right now, but I'm gonna buy it by next week.

masta.g.86
Thanks and it looks good too, I want to show you some screenie but I don't know how to capture using this virtualdub program. BTW how to save the setting you gave me? I close the program and after I open it again I need to config the other settings like interlaced frames and filter chain.

and thanks to both of you =)

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,477 Posts
Thanks and it looks good too, I want to show you some screenie but I don't know how to capture using this virtualdub program. BTW how to save the setting you gave me? I close the program and after I open it again I need to config the other settings like interlaced frames and filter chain.

and thanks to both of you =)
Unfortunately, the filter chain resets itself whenever VirtualDub is closed.:( In the meantime, try and get a hold of a PS2 S-Video connector. S-Video looks noticeably better than composite (RCA).;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts