Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Beh, whatever

Votes: 14 25.9%
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do you think the DS wil be "the best portable evah!", or mostly bells and whistles?
I think the dual screens have potential, and the wireless connection will be good, but most of the other features (touch screen, chat software (a friggin game system that ships with chat software instead of a game?!), microphone, etc) will just be bells and whistles.

G

·
well, it is keeping me from buying a GBA, because that will be obsolete in a few years now.
Other than that, not much yet.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Err... has anyone actually PLAYED the DS? No. So what are we basing all this judgment upon? It's pure speculation. The articles and previews and everything all claim that it's a "risky" chance by Nintendo but I don't see it that way at all. Because of its $150 initial price point, and its backwards compatibility with the GBA, I think it's practically a guaranteed success... even if all the DS exclusive stuff isn't that good.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Definately good. I really like all the gameplay possibilities having a touchscreen adds. I just wish nintendo would get some decent 3rd party support this time so the DS doesn't become a dumping ground for crappy liscenced games like the GBA is. Another thing they should support better is the multiplayer on a single cartridge. I can't think of any games for the GBA that did it particularely well.

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
i dont have one so i cant tell you :laugh:
but for my point of view i dont like it
Sony fan mode: OMFG!!1111!!!DS its going tO SucK!!!!111!!!!!!
/Sony fan mode

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rhombus: Yes, this is pure speculation, Hence the reason why my initial post said "will be". The whole idea of this poll is to get people's predictions about how good the new features will/won't be.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well I don't see it as a gaming machine. I mean isn't Nintendo just about gaming and they swore to always be that way? Well this is definately breaking their own rules.

I seen the games on it and not bad. It definately has potential, but the touchscreen would be a bother to me. I don't wanna have to use a stylus or drag my finger across one screen while trying to concentrate on another.

Sony's large LCD appeals more to me, with the classic Playstation button layout.

I'm not dissing the DS so N fanboys scram!

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
good, if it can get some decent battery life, i'de take it over PSP anyday of the week (from what i've seen). PSP isn't really showing me anything i want to see or anything i couldn't use my computer for anyways. Didn't get a $1000 computer so i could go out and spend another $300 just so i can use it on the go.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
I love it, it's on my "sexy things to buy" list, seriously, the design is great (so is the PSP's) and the games on it really look interesting (at least, much more than what I've seen so far on the PSP).

·
Registered
177 Posts
The DS looks sexy and so does the PSP there both great but Nintendo needs better 3rd partys ;) lets hope they can throw some nice ones.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
3D is the next step, but the DS just doesn't cut it. Their touchpad may be "revolutionary" but the games aren't. It just looks like a mediocre N64 to me. No No, graphics aren't everything but they realy help when it comes to breaking new ground in game development, and there's no doubt about that.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
LoRd_SnOw said:
The DS looks sexy and so does the PSP there both great but Nintendo needs better 3rd partys ;) lets hope they can throw some nice ones.
So far Nintendo never lacked 3rd party support on the handheld market ;)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Yea, Nintendo makes most of its big budget games, while Sony relies a little more on 3rd party support.

But on another note, don't gamers want diversity? Instead of Mario Mario Mario?

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
Razor Blade said:
3D is the next step, but the DS just doesn't cut it. Their touchpad may be "revolutionary" but the games aren't. It just looks like a mediocre N64 to me. No No, graphics aren't everything but they realy help when it comes to breaking new ground in game development, and there's no doubt about that.
Isn't "mediocre N64" redundant? :innocent:
Anyways I'm not 'hot' for the DS, I still need to buy a GameboyAdvance... :thumb:
I have a Gameboy Player for my Gamecube :wub: and I love the 'retro' titles I have for it! :emb:
I have too many Gameboy/Gameboy Color titles to buy the DS :hdbash:

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Razor Blade said:
Yea, Nintendo makes most of its big budget games, while Sony relies a little more on 3rd party support.

But on another note, don't gamers want diversity? Instead of Mario Mario Mario?
diversity? the touch screens alone will add a whole new experience to games we all know, and some new. PSP is just sony titles also, i'm sure there will be a slew of FF games, theres already a MGS announced, they are recycling titles just as much as Nintendo is, and there's nothing wrong with mario ;)

Metal Gear Acid
Gran Turismo 4 Mobile
THUG2
FF: Advent Children
Need for Speed Underground Rivals
Ape Escape
Devil May Cry
Burnout
King of Fighters
Syphon Filter

Looks Familiar Razor? They should because they are all games (or sequels) we've seen before :D. If i have a PS2 (which i do) i can pay $300 to get remakes of games i already have :idea: . If i have a computer i can watch mpegs on it and listen to music :p. I don't even know why i'm in this thread though, I don't buy handhelds :p

·
Digital Designer
354 Posts
well for the ppl who is gettin the psp better think first b4 they buy it u guys kno that nintendo is goin to own the handheld world again is that u guys don't admit it i kno sony will make a mistake on there psp for EX: they didn't had a game runin yet so it got delayed, and it has 2.5hrs battery life on video and gba video is kinda chopy but its 10hrs and that a shame, they might have to put the price to $300 and the umd probaly around $50, and they might put regular non-rechargin batteries. i'm not try to say that psp suck its ok to buy one but think b4 u do. DS is ready to be released, and still has the same batteries idea from the sp and they say that ds is more powerful then the n64. i'm gettin both just in case one of the game that i like come only for which handheld.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts