Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've just formatting my pc and installing my new graphic card: geforce2 mx400 64mb ram but i didn't install my intel815 chipset that contain a built-in graphic display...and when i'm using my new graphic card,my system keep crashing... Should i install the driver for the intel chipset too? (i'm using intel815 motherboard and i'm afraid there will be hardware conflict)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm assuming you mean a videocard conflict. As far as I know, most good motherboards will automatically disable the onboard video if it detects a video card in the AGP slot, so you're safe in upgrading your motherboard drivers, which I recommend doing. Make sure you have the RIGHT drivers, though :) I can't recommend which ones as I do not have that board type. If the onboard video for some strange reason does not disable and you are unable to use your geforce, try checking the system bios for an option to disable onboard video.

Amberion

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok,ok...here my latest prob., i have go to nvidia.com website and read the faq, it say that intel motherboard suppose to install the latest chipset driver, so i go to intel.com website to update 'intel chipset software installation utility' it is the latest version and it is necessary for proper AGP support(in the readme file), but when i try to update the file it say that no update is necesarry but i believe that the driver that come with my pc(i'm using acer aspire 6600) is outdated(yr2000)....how i am going to update the file if update file is not necessary?

·
Registered
285 Posts
If your running Windows 2000/XP you don't need to install the chipset drivers, they are built into the OS. Also when you put in the Geforce 2 MX400, the onboard video will disable itself automatically. All you need to install is the driver for the mx400.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have found the way to update it..haha...the sad news is my game is randomly lock-up and sometime i get the window error message(blue screen) and say something that contain 'nvmini.vxd blablabla' hmmm something like that...how can i fix this...

i am using windows me and detonator 23.11...

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I know for sure that intel 810 series supported other video cards exceptionally well (as if the manufacturers knew that people wont use the onboard card).So 815 should also be able to do it without any conflicts.

That blue screen problem means a missing file.Pretty troublesome.Try revert back to older registry or may be a reinstall of windows if nothing works.
Oh I forgot you have windows Me .Use system restore feature.

And yes I upgraded my drivers from intel site too without any problems.Just download the file manually and run it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.