Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Not a Registered User
1,629 Posts
Enhancements and Console settings, it would also help if you posted your PC specs.

But from what I can see that looks pretty normal, Driver 2 doesn't have the most stable of frame rates.

Play in a window and at the right bottom of Duckstation you'll have some states like percentage if it stays at 100% during those stutters then that's just how the game runs, you can also see there the game actual frame rate and if it drops during those moments.

In Console settings you could try enabling overclocking and this would help but it can also break somethings in the game, so use at your own risk.

· Not a Registered User
1,629 Posts
That Xbr texture filter maybe a tad much for that poor 690m but it should be fine
What you need to look out for is the percentage left to the fps, like here it says 100%
Which means everything runs fine, If it in your case during the stutters that doesn't drop then that's just how the game runs it's not a issue.
Like I already said you could try using the overclocking option under console settings to improve game performance but this can break other things in game.

· Not a Registered User
1,629 Posts
Like I said either try dropping that internal resolution it's not like ps1 games gonna look any better at 4k than 720p they don't have that level of detail to take advantage of super high resolutions.
Or try different filters other than XBR, which one depends you if you'll like how it will look.

· Not a Registered User
1,629 Posts
it's still doing it even when I keep changing internal resolution or filters strange it's the fps drop not the percentage it stays at 100% when the fps drops
Then that's normal, that's just how the game ran on the PS1, poorly, many ps1 games couldn't keep stable frame rate, there's nothing that can be done about other than what I mentioned earlier with the overclocking option in the console tab.
I find that 150% is generally safe to use, but if you run into any issues it's best left disabled.

· Not a Registered User
1,629 Posts
Well then here a few longshots.
Under Display tab select DX11 instead of DX12, DX12 is primarily for the Xbox one port of Duckstation thou there shouldn't be any difference.
Under console tab tick "preload image to RAM" this will help if there's some issue with your HDD.

Other than that no clue, try maybe other games to see if it happens on them, maybe try the NTSC USA version of the game, dunno.

· Not a Registered User
1,629 Posts
how come I'm only getting around 30fps lots of videos on YouTube are at 60fps
Most likely the videos fake using interpolation to double the frame rate to make it look "better".

But for some games you can make them run at 60fps using specific game shark cheats combined with overclocking, similar to how there are 60fps patches for ps2 and GameCube games.
But these are very game specific and not every game can be made to run at 60fps.

For the Driver 2 issue sorry I'm out of ideas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts