Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I am trying to use ePSXe 1.7.0 to run FF7 so I figured it was. My problem is that my cd drive will not even detect the game when I put it in. I hear some reading noises as if the drive is trying to read it, but after 5 cycles or so the disc is ejected automatically. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

I'm running this on a Macbook Pro with Windows XP through Bootcamp. Thanks for any tips! :)

Edit: The discs are in very good shape and work fine on a PS2. So I don't think them being damaged is the issue.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
the drive lacks the ability to read the disk either due to lack of cd mediacodes or the fact its being emulated via bootcamp.

· Registered
598 Posts
Is your CD-ROM drive damaged?Can it read ANY other discs?If not then you should replace your CD-ROM drive.
If your CD-ROM drive is working,then you can try to use ePSXe 1.6.0.That version already has the CD-ROM plugin in it and it works good.Just be sure to set the drive reading to disc "D:" or whatever you are using to read CD-s and DVD-s or set it to "FirstCdrom".
If this doesn't work,then try to use another ps1 emulator like pSX 1.8 or some other version.There are 13 versions of the pSX emulator.:D

And why are you using the Macbook Pro anyway lol?Do you have any other computer who's hardware is designed just for Windows?Ok it's true that the Boot Camp is a utility included with Apple Inc.'s Mac OS X v10.5 called "Leopard" operating system that assists users in installing Microsoft Windows XP,but try to run it on a non-Mac hardware.

Btw,that Leopard has cool music at the beginning. =P

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I tried using version 1.6.0 and the same thing keeps happening. CD Drive attempts to read the disc and spits it back out after 10 seconds or so. I'm guessing my only option at this point would be to get an external optical drive that's capable of reading psx discs. Does anyone know of any off the top of their heads that can do so? I find it quite funny that an old compaq Pentium 2 computer i had years ago could easily read psx discs, while my relatively new Macbook pro cannot. :lol:

Thanks for any help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.