Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got until this scene in Disk 3 where you see Rinoa floating through space and got stuck there! What am I supposed to do??? She just floats and floats, and floats! Do I need the analogs for this? 'Cause I can't use the analogs! HELP! :hdbash:

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
man, this scene was really tricky. i remember the entire scene was pretty much BS on advising her where to go :p

·
Registered
332 Posts
You should really detail the problem more.... Like what exactly happens.
And saying the name of the game in the title or anywhere wouldn't hurt either >_>

edit to post below : I know that.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Umm... if I remember correctly, you are supposed to "guide" yourself (first person view) to make sure you catch her when she gets to you. Yes, this always takes a long time to happen... and unless you don't understand what is going on, it isn't too difficult to accomplish. After about 30 seconds, the sprite will suddenly get significantly bigger, and that pattern continues making it difficult to realize any progress unless you stare at the screen without blinking. As for needing analog, I'm not certain, but using my PC gamepad, it is uncomfortable to use the analog sticks, so I never use them unless I have to, and don't remember this being an issue (just did this scene 7 days ago actually). Using the NTSC U/C version, I can confirm this isn't an emulator specific problem. Using save states or some memory hacks during this scene may glitch the game into an eternal loop so it never finishes, however, so load from a memcard and turn off any cheats you may be using.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, I got past that part! I had to catch Rinoa before the time ran out! By the way, when I juction my magic to Elements, green stars appear next to the numbers! What's it mean?

·
Registered
332 Posts
this is a board about emulation. I highly suggesting you to go to gamefaqs (the messageboards) with that question.
And I *think* it means the element is absorbed (you get hp when the element is cast on you)

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
BRILLIANT said:
this is a board about emulation. I highly suggesting you to go to gamefaqs (the messageboards) with that question.
Why? he can ask such questions here, emulation is just the main topic at this forum, but not the only one...

·
Registered
332 Posts
even if you were right (which you probably are, but still), the gamefaqs board have a board for each game, guranteeing that he will get much faster answers that are much more accurate than here.
And while this board _is_ "problems with games", it's parent-board is "epsxe discussion".

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I get it now! When people cast magic on me, they heal me instead of damaging! It's awesome! By the way, about that Gamefaqs part, I like it better to ask people here for answers than searching for facts at a lifeless website!

·
Registered
332 Posts
ezzarian said:
I get it now! When people cast magic on me, they heal me instead of damaging! It's awesome! By the way, about that Gamefaqs part, I like it better to ask people here for answers than searching for facts at a lifeless website!
oh god...

what I said in my last post:
And I *think* it means the element is absorbed (you get hp when the element is cast on you)

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
dude, you're stubborn ;)

from what you can see, many ppl play FF games here so he will get/got his answer very fast ;)

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
man, just to DIRECTLY answer the question, when you junction elements it goes to whatever damage you'd get. so at 0 it does nothing, green numbers mean it's absorbed that percent, white numbers mean it hurts that percent.

but you are right though, this is for emulation problems. for help, go to Game Discussion. or just go to gamefaqs.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
you said that you "think" that's what the answer is--i was confirming it ;) also, i was adding on (you just mentioned absorb...i mentioned the nullify and the percent of damage taken). dont worry you werent wrong ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys! The absorb stuff helped out immensly! Bahamut kept doing Thundaga on Quistis 'cause she's the only one who doesn't absorb magic and he only did 1000 and below to her! Another GF in the bag!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts