Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Okama Way!
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no taste in clothes ... or hair ... or anything appearance based. I need help if I wanna try to pick up girls. what should I dress like. I'm a guy BTW and I about six foot and skinny and think people who dress like matrix characters just look foolish so don't say "long black leather coat" but most other things I'd be willing to try.

The other problem is that I don't actually know what I like either so I'm completely clueless and when I look in a shop I couldn't find anything it all looked the same.

Anime characters look cool especially ones with grey/white hair (like kabuto from naruto) and with rediculously over the top clothes (like ban-chan from Get Backers) but I don't think I could get away with buying a giant shirt and strarching it to hell and anyway I don't wanna look like a cosplayer.

any help is appreciated and a free g mail invite to anyone who helps enough (only got 3 left though)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Why not go shopping with some friends or even your mother?

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
I just have no idea myself. You should not care about clothing. Buy a book: it'll tell a lot more about yourself :p

·
Registered
177 Posts
this is what i do i read books and wear my reading glasses and i just bag chicks. also and have my hair flat down with gel and wear the latest sneakers, timber land boots wear a fresh white tee with nicely layed out jeans suggestions... pepe jeans. also matching colors on how you dress is very essensial. well atleast for me anyway. :) have fun shopping ;)

btw put some nice but not too strong colone that way the girls won't move away from you ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
why do u ask other ppl, what u have to wear? >.<
create your own style! ^^
maybe u are abel to geared to some music, things do u like or like your own character. i dont know what kind of person u r... but e.g. u are a shy person u shouldnt wear crazy outfit, because maybe u cant block reactions of others. <_<
dont u know what u like? if u seek a girl, she should see what kind of person u r, she could find u interesting... ^^
ask friends what is very typical for u.
but at first be carefull and make small steps by changing... u could shock the ppl around u @[email protected]

·
Okama Way!
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cid - the reason I don't go with my friends is because none want to and I don't go with my mum because she always used to buy me clothes and that is what I normally wear and I dont like it. She has less taste than me.

Boltzman - I sometimes do read but that is not enough to do that all the time.

Lord Snow - thanks for the suggestion but not sure if that would suit me

Popuri - sorry there seem to be too many us and rs in your post it was too painful to read

·
Premium Member
8,108 Posts
>> Cid - the reason I don't go with my friends is because none want to and I don't go with my mum because she always used to buy me clothes and that is what I normally wear and I dont like it. She has less taste than me.

Damn, thats exactly what happening here. :p My suggestion is, if your mom buys you what you don't like, go shopping and get what you like. Although, I myself don't care much of my clothing, I wear casually all the time and I feel very comfortable in them.

Here in asia, it is very easy to get one of those hairstyles of comic characters, or even an Asian idol. You can even ask the hair designer in a saloon to get you a hairstyle that suits your face and looks good on you. But if you are gonna get your hair highlighted, it will cost you a bunch, atleast in Malaysian money. :p

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
If you are going after dumb ass girls than you what you need are expencive stuff.
If you whant to have a nice relationship with a nice girl than be who you are, dont bother with that kind of nonsence dress clothes in wich you feel comfortable.
When you dress you should be pleasing yourself and not the other peolple.

·
Okama Way!
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
>> When you dress you should be pleasing yourself and not the other peolple.

yeah but if I want to please myself it would seem I have to please other people (the previosly mentioned dumb ass girls for example)

>> Here in asia, it is very easy to get one of those hairstyles of comic characters, or even an Asian idol

That would be soooo cool although everyone would be walking around looking foolish probably :p maybe I should try and get my hair dyed grey though that would be sweet

·
Jyushi Bismark
2,561 Posts
Evil_Neko said:
Popuri - sorry there seem to be too many us and rs in your post it was too painful to read
too bad since her post contains quite some usefull tips. A thread like this is weird enough, but to avoid posts in thread you opened ... guess that needs a ****load foolishness. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,108 Posts
Evil_Neko said:
>> Here in asia, it is very easy to get one of those hairstyles of comic characters, or even an Asian idol

That would be soooo cool although everyone would be walking around looking foolish probably :p maybe I should try and get my hair dyed grey though that would be sweet
Well, not sure about your place, but here in malaysia, it is quite common to see people with that kind of hairstyles. I have seen a couple of grey haired dudes in my college as well, and no, they are not old. :p

·
Okama Way!
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
>>I have seen a couple of grey haired dudes in my college as well, and no, they are not old. :p

does it look good or just stupid. I think it would look cool but its difficult to tell since I ahve never even seen anyone with that hair colour who isn't old

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Evil_Neko said:
>> When you dress you should be pleasing yourself and not the other peolple.

yeah but if I want to please myself it would seem I have to please other people (the previosly mentioned dumb ass girls for example)
Why do you have to please the other people, did they do something very significant so you have to please them. If people stoped worryng about what other people say or do or look like(to some extent) live would be just so easier.

Well you can always get them drunk or something :evil: and then.... whatever.

Don't worry there are more woemen than Men on earth, you will eventually find someone.

·
Okama Way!
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
>>If people stoped worryng about what other people say or do or look like(to some extent) live would be just so easier.

yeah it would be but sinse other people do think about it I also have to think about it if I want to get a girl. Thats what I meant by "please other people"

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Evil_Neko said:
>>If people stoped worryng about what other people say or do or look like(to some extent) live would be just so easier.

yeah it would be but sinse other people do think about it I also have to think about it if I want to get a girl. Thats what I meant by "please other people"
Right.... so you want someone who likes your clothes and not YOU? That's just stupid. Sorry, if I sound mean, but I agree with Typoon 100%. You don't need to be with some b!tch. Just let those fools be stupid and ignore what they and their friends are doing. Be yourself. My advice, go to the store alone and look around for something YOU like.

·
Okama Way!
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The mistake you all seem to be making is that I don't really care about the person I get also it's just normal try and look a bit nicer when looking for girls. I mean there is another thread here about what cologne to use and people don't go saying you should just go and stink and if girls don't want to go out with a smelly person thats there problem. thats just a stupid way of thinking IMO

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Evil_Neko said:
The mistake you all seem to be making is that I don't really care about the person I get also it's just normal try and look a bit nicer when looking for girls. I mean there is another thread here about what cologne to use and people don't go saying you should just go and stink and if girls don't want to go out with a smelly person thats there problem. thats just a stupid way of thinking IMO
If you really do want to care about someone and you want them to care about you, then they won't care about what clothes you wear. See what I'm trying to say? If someone is a true friend, they won't won't care about how you dress, or what cologne you wear. In the cologne thread he's just asking what other people use. He's not seeking a new cologne to "pick up chicks." REAL friends care about you as a person, not materialistic things, like clothes.

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
My suggestion is be as simple as possible....and nothing too fancy, the women ultimately don't want or like that.

Dress according to your character and build, so if Matrix theme...ok, never mind. Say, Heavy Metal is your favourite type of music, you can dress according to that....if you are a silk or smooth type of guy, go for silk shirts...if you're a sports person, wear sports related clothing...

Your dresscode is your own way of communicating and expressing a side of your character and personality....so dress the way YOU want to. ;)

r2rX :D

·
Registered
690 Posts
well to dress you up first of all what do you look like? post a picture and I'll give you some advice. I'm good wiht shopping

1 - 20 of 57 Posts