Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
ok the story so far is........
ive got chank installed and the bios loaded in, the emu runs. the problem is i cant load a game, ive got original disks or "the other less legit disks" as such ;)

can i just stick em into my cd drive or do i have to rip them from the cd onto my pc??

i just cant seem to get anything to load n when i try to load direct from a "less legit" disk :hdbash: :cry:

if i gota rip them where do i find the software needed n how do i do it? if any1 could give me a "noddy and big ears" style guide it be much appreciated and ud make a old pso fan very happy.

im completly pc illiterate so its gota be really SIMPLE 4 me to follow.

thnx to any1 that can help

boz

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
You nees a adapter cable and pso and will have to rip the game straight to your hdd,don't be surprised if it takes a long time to rip the game.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
if your game is on a CD (NOT a GD-Rom) and it is self-bootable then you shouldnt have any problems making it run.
when you say you cant load a game... do you mean it crashes? errors? blank display?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when i fire up the emu i get the time and date set screen. i know from when i had my dreamcast that on the main menu (the 1 with play, memory card, options cd player on) that when u had a game in the drive the play game icon "jiggled" about faster than without. with my cd games it appears to see them and once it trys to load the "virtual dreamcast" appears to reset and its back to the date set screen.

when u say i have to rip it to my hardrive- how do i do it?? /me sorry im not good with stuff like this, i need instructions if u can plz. along the lines of 1. put disk in drive, 2. start program blah blah. also what adapter cable??

soz to be a pain in the ass n00b :innocent:

thnx 4 ur help:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts