Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hmm...I just got this software this week : It is called Nightmare, (still beta version, I think) and I just wanna know if somebody happen to have try this software, it is a dreamcast emulator.... All I wanna ask u guys if any games have fully working on this emulator since I don't have enough money to buy a doubtful playable CD.

To the MOD's of this board: Is it okay if I post this here? this is a software board, anyway coz I don't know where to put this question elsewhere...? :) :) :)

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
its ok to post this here.
actually, we would prefer that yall use the off-topic boards more often..
ive just been letting some of the threads stay in gen disc just because i wanted too see if people want to use the off-topic boards or not

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
very good quesiton ;)
probably misc psx emu but like i stated before, i havent been all that strict on where threads go :wink: yet.. :wink:

S

·
0 Posts
Beckham_m7u, if you want to know about another working DC emulator, besides the one of which Disturbed spoke, go on over to www.vg-network.com Dave, who runs the site, has posted news of another working DC emulator. You can download it from there also. Plus he also has a link to the home page. So, if you're interested in DC emulation, I suggest you go on over there and check it out. Hope this is of interest to you.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1. I've checked the website you gave me, sxamiga...and thanks, maybe one of these emulators will work... have you tried these dc emu?? if you have, please, i wanna know these emulators progress about running commercial games on your computer...anyway, where have you guys been? (LordJames, you >>> sxamiga, Wormie, and the other mods that always appear in the former emuforums.com??)

2. NEW: I recently read on one of the games bulletin, that is GRANDIA II is being port to PC…anybody can confirm this news as “this project is being done or this project is cancelled” ???

thanks

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Originally posted by beckham_m7u
anyway, where have you guys been? (LordJames, you >>> sxamiga, Wormie, and the other mods that always appear in the former emuforums.com??)
as disturbed said, lordjames is no longer a member of psxemu. neither is wormie anymore, but he still is around. he is currently working on a new project that may be up and running soon, that i and a few other familiar names will be a part of.

·
Registered
91 Posts
okay i have a link here which i visit often to get my fix of dreamcast stuff. if you happen to be a dreamcast owner or simply just interested in dreamcast dev, you should look in on the site.

recently just got their act back together, the site just got better.

www.dcemulation.com

just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i was one of those who got fooled by gregs nightmare (DC emu).
but i knew that it was fake and also a well done trick to get money by fooling people .
this fake emulator was released after few months of releasing the real DC .
i brought it and tried it too , it asks for a cd ripper so you can run the game from an image on the hard disk with the extention of gre (*.gre) .
i went to the web page that was written to visit to get the ripper .
do you know wat i saw there ; that bastard who made this fake emu says that you can get the ripper by sending 15 $ in an envelop and all the info about where you want the ripper to be sent and also he wrote that this the only way of payment so dont try using the visa cards or bank checks if you want to get the ripper for shure.
see its not just a fake many of my freinds told me that this wasnt just a fake, its a virus .
:mad:
so ,careful my freind .
:eek:
and one more thing , there isnt any emulator that can run any commercial games for the DC , i was mad about the DC games (dead or alive 2 , sonic adventure , grandia 2, soulcalibur ......) so i tried every possible way to run the DC games emulators and even my washing machine (he he ...)
but no way so after a long time i got the real thing , a dreamcast ; which is the only real way to run the DC games for now and for two next years at least .
i said too much; i think ....
bye

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wwoww... what a news...hehe...thanks to all member for clearing this DC emulation problems and:

1. Thanks to Disturbed for the Grandia II news. hmmm...I wonder why haven't it sold yet(Grandia II) late february 2001? it is april now...??????
My regards to LordJames....:)
2. BGnome, I only can wish you guys a good luck on your project...
3. Mr2000jp, many thanks for your warning... hmm...maybe some guys like that should be put in jail ?? hehe :) anyway, i've tried those dc emu that i've downloaded yesterday ... and ... BINGO....none of them is working...think you're right...even the PSX needs about 3 years to get them work perfectly on emulators....make sense huh? anyway, again, thanks for the warning...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Isnt there a problem with the type of media that the dreamcast games are on?

I thought that they are GD roms and that normal CD drives cant read them.

I could be wrong and probably am

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmmm...campaign2016, maybe that's right coz when I try to run the games, my CD- ROM drives didn't react at all... the lights didn't on... well, that explain why it doesn't work at all...anyway, your Vivi is cute, do you mind teaching how to do that? how to add pict? ???? and where'd you get it?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ha... thanks campaign...anyway, anybody know what language will be used in GRANDIA II PC? coz, I've looked elsewhere about the information, screenshots but couldn't find any information about the language...

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ow yeah...and I almost forgot this one... My friend last night called me and he said that Soul Calibur (DC) is RUNNING on DC emulators but I thought he is using Nightmare coz, he is the one who gave me Nightmare but as far as I know, Nightmare is lacking one of its' files right? Can someone explain this? or I've just tricked?? ????? :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Originally posted by campaign2016
Isnt there a problem with the type of media that the dreamcast games are on?

I thought that they are GD roms and that normal CD drives cant read them.

I could be wrong and probably am
what about a card for the dreamcast which was being developed by sega for the pc ....any news on that :confused:

·
Registered
345 Posts
ha... thanks campaign...anyway, anybody know what language will be used in GRANDIA II PC? coz, I've looked elsewhere about the information, screenshots but couldn't find any information about the language...
isnt it being released first in korea?
i would assume that it would be korean or some other form of asian language

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mmm...Xenomorph, you really can't depend on these emulators to run a commercial games coz I and my friend have bought several (well, what i mean several here is a lot of :) ) DC games and none of them are working at all! ... Well, maybe this is a misconfiguration on me or somewhat but I thought that other member of this board would have "forced" to agree that NOW, there are none DC emulator is working on commercial games...Anyway, the minimum requirement (if I'm not mistaken) : P-300 Ram (not specified) and of course, 3D acceleration video card... Any other opinion?:emb:

Ow yeah, I have a question regarding the "SMILIES" when I try to add that smilies, it is written as ": emb :" (without the space) what I want to ask is, can I add this personally, I mean, when I type : emb : (without the space) will it convert to smilies???? sorry if you guys confused, coz i'm not very good at explaining things... well, this is just a small question, don't bother if it isn't answered :) :)

·
Registered
345 Posts

Ow yeah, I have a question regarding the "SMILIES" when I try to add that smilies, it is written as ": emb :" (without the space) what I want to ask is, can I add this personally, I mean, when I type : emb : (without the space) will it convert to smilies???? sorry if you guys confused, coz i'm not very good at explaining things... well, this is just a small question, don't bother if it isn't answered :) :)
the best way to see if that works is to test it out

:emb:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts