Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm thinking of buying a dreamcast system for this holiday and I want to know what are the best games for it before buying it.

I was checking out the price of the games on amazon and turns out some of the games I'm interested in are pretty expensive (like Skies of Arkadia).

Anyone have links that sells dcast games cheap? :D

Thanks in advance.

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
the best games in my opinion are :

Resident Evil Code Veronica
Garou Mark of the wolves
Street fighter 3 3rd strike
Capcom vs snk 2
Soul calibur
Skies of arcadia
KOF dream match 1999
KOF 99 evolution
Last blade 2
Unreal tournament

Yes i know , many fighters :p ;)

Other known good games (not my type though)

Sonic adventure
Taxi driver 3
Guilty Gear XX
Evo 4X4
Rival schools 2

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,477 Posts
cloudvii said:
the best games in my opinion are :

Resident Evil Code Veronica
Capcom vs snk 2
Good choice for RECV

As for Capcom Vs SNK 2, it's a great purchase (even tho theres only a jap. version) my brother and I been playing it for years and years and never got bored of it.Heh I keep pwning him :), Vega (M.Bison US Name) rocks! :smash:

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
If you are interested in RPG's you should really get:

Grandia 2 (IMHO better than Skies of Arcadia, though shorter)
Skies of Arcadia

Other than that the DC doesn't have any good English RPG's, so if you're buying a console for RPG's, go for the PS2.

Other games:

Dead or Alive 2
Soul Calibur
Metropolis Street Racer
Sonic Adventure 1/2
Resident Evil Code: Veronica (MUST HAVE)
Power Stone 1/2
Fur Fighters (nice Third person shooter, great multiplayer mode)
NHL2k2 (if you like Ice Hockey, it's one of the best games)

I might add more later when I looked through my own collection ;)

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
jet set radio
Marvel vs capcom 2
PSO
sonic adventure 1/ 2
Residen evil
Soul Calibur 2
Power stone

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
if you can find it, get SF RUSH 2049. that has to be the best game ever released on dreamcast, besides being a good 1 player racer it has an amazing 4 player mode :D

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
a DC :D its worth every penny u pay..

i still love my DC altho i never play it..
And for games

Games
Soul caliber 2
MvsC Age of new heroes
Dead or alive 2
Power stone 2
Shenmue
Metropolis streer racer.. love the radio :D
Chu chu rocket is also loads of fun :p and it comes free with a DC
And Phantasy star online.. if its still posible to go online with it.. cos offline is boring

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
It's still possible to go online, I know a private server which allows both PC and DC gamers. Just DON'T get PSO v1. But get v2 instead, cause v1 sucks on that server so I heard.

There even is a trick to get your DC's 56k modem connect with a PC's 56k modem, and let your pc connect to the broadband network ;)
But this one is a pain in the arse on win XP, it's better on '98. Though I still didn't get it to work, I'll give it another try with a modem of a friend of mine.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
If you like the PSX games Tekken 3, MGS, GT2, you should get the bleemcast discs :)

Other than that: Make sure you get 1 VMU, and at least 1 4meg memory card. The 4meg one is without a lcd screen, but with 4 pages of 200 blocks, while a normal VMU with LCD screen has 200 blocks.... I have one VMU, and 2 times 4meg VMU's. So that's 1800 blocks in total... And I'm running out of space oO

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
Soul Caliber 2 for DC? It'd would have been so great if it existed :), since the soul caliber for DC is the best fighting game ever, unfortunatly it doesn't.

BTW the Shenmue games ( especially the second one ) and Legend of bersherk ( if you like hack and hack games :) ) are some other good games.

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
Soul caliber 1 :p my bad

and bleh SC isnt best fighting game.. I stil prefere Doa 2 !

And for PSO u need a new VMU for every char u make.. thats how i ended up with 6 of them...

·
2,775 Posts
I remmembered something else good about buying a dreamcast, if you buy games for it, you can help beta test them with chankast and compare it to your real DC, the more the merrier and all :lol:

"and bleh SC isnt best fighting game.. I stil prefere Doa 2 !"

OOO, wouldn't it be fun with a best fighting game pool sometime? acctually I used to think DOA 2 was best myself, until I ended up playing a lot of soul caliber, there's acctually more fighting moves and depth to it compared to Doa 2 if you play them both a lot you'll notice.

"And for PSO u need a new VMU for every char u make.. thats how i ended up with 6 of them"
One VMU per char you make... That's crazy :eyemove: I didn't know this.

P.S. Just don't get the Sakura Taisen games, they suck.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Skies of Arcadia
Grandia II
Crazy Taxi/2
Sonic Adventure/2
Soul Calibur
Dead or Alive 2: LE
Gundam: Renpou vs Zeon

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
ChankastRules said:
One VMU per char you make... That's crazy :eyemove: I didn't know this.
Each VMU can store only one guild ID therefore you can store only one char per VMU. 800 blocks VMU (and bigger VMUs) were an exception since they divided the information in blocks of 200.

ChankastRules said:
P.S. Just don't get the Sakura Taisen games, they suck.
Yeah, and I'm guessing you played the four installments thoroughly, achieving at least 2 endings in each game in order to come to such an objective and well founded conclusion... right?
It's ok to be ignorant about certain topics... just make sure that you keep your ignorance to yourself. Spare the rest of us of your hollow opinions...

·
2,775 Posts
:lol: Acctually Kaiser Sigma I do not think the Sakura Taisen games suck, I just couldn't resist saying it to see your reaction. ( The only part I didn't like much was looking at the fan made translations (in txt format) on the computer and to the TV screen and back again, but of course this has absolutly nothing to do with the quality of the games )

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for your list everyone and Kaiser, I assume the * on your list means it's a Japanese title?

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Heh. I also bought a Dreamcast today for my 3 year old kid. Yeah, he's young, but he can already win races in NFSU2 and knows how to play MOHAA FPS games. He loves racing games, and cars of course, so I got him a few racing games on the dreamcast for $2 each. The system with 1 controller, 1 memory stick, and 3 games cost me $40. ;) I'm planning on getting MVc2 and CvsS2 for me though. Haha.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
didamangi said:
Thanks for your list everyone and Kaiser, I assume the * on your list means it's a Japanese title?
Indeed, on that thread it was required that I highlighted somehow the import titles...

fivefeet8 said:
I'm planning on getting MVc2 and CvsS2 for me though. Haha.
MvC2 is a bit hard to find nowadays (for some reason which is beyond me... I didn't like the game) as for CvS2 you can still find in most import stores the Drekore version which is a rerelease at a lower price.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts