Next Generation Emulation banner

Dream Emulation Project: Famicom/NES Edition

6K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Samor 
#1 ·
Just when everyone is waiting for Scherzo's NesterDC SE to be released, DCEvolution proudly presents their next Dream Emulation Project:

Here is the ultimate image for Nintendo Entertainment System fans and its scene! It features almost every free quality NES and Famicom ROM out there presented in a high quality menu system.

The contents
# Background info on the NES, it's homebrew scene and more
# 32 original classic NES TV commercials
# 57 MP3 tracks, including five complete records
# 230 NES Music ROMs featuring original compositions & remixes
# NesterDC v6.0 (by Takayama Fumihiko)
# FSL menu theme selector & six different menu themes to choose
# And last but not least: over 180 free roms are included!

Even more is included, we invite you to try and find all the stuff not mentioned here!
I've already downloaded the image (324mb) and played around with it for about half an hour. It's great to see so much homebrew goodness being packed together onto one disc. This definately is a must-download for every DC owning NES fan out there, so download it ASAP, and enjoy all the nice NES goodies :thumb:

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Yeah the commercials really rock, them alone are a reason to download this image :D

They are using DCdivX for the videos and they are all running great, of course the quality isn't that good because of compression but I don't know if that's because of the source, or that they have to force lower quality for DC. Seeing all those cheesy commercials from the 80's made me laugh quite a few times:

Nintendo, Now you're playing with power!

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Well maybe it will work on Chankast but I don't know if that is the smartest thing to do.

My advice is to unpack the rar file and burn the image to a disc, or mount it. There are quite a few DivX videos on it as well, so I think you should be able to read them directly from the disc. Running a Dreamcast DivX player from Chankast might now be the smartest thing to do.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Dude, there's no need to double post :)

What I meant was, that image is a compilation disc that runs on Dreamcast. It has got a menu from where you can select all kinds of stuff, public domain games, music, movies.

For the movies it loads a seperate program on the disc, namely DC DivX, which is a DivX player for Dreamcast.

I was just trying to say that it might be better to just burn the image, and look for the DivX files by browsing the disc, instead of through the ingame menu. That way you aren't watching DivX on DC through an emulator, but just directly on your pc.

This image was made for Dreamcast owners to enjoy all these goodies on their Dreamcast, running it on an emulator kinda takes away its purpose. But if you really want to try it, just burn the image to a CDr using Alcohol 120%.

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I'd rather see the question in this thread than a new one getting opened up :) Remember, as long as it's on topic there isn't much of a problem. Just saying 'this rocks' would be considered spam and you'd get some sort of a warning for resurrecting an old thread without a purpose.

@ Rjah_jay: You're welcome, I hope you can enjoy the contents of the image on your pc. Another option would be just to play the PD (public domain) roms with a NES emulator for pc. The audio files can be played in winamp or any other audio app. And I explained about the DivX before. Technically all the files should be findable in folders on the CD/image.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.