Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought it's about time to show you some pics of this immensly deep and long RPG. Been playing around 20 hours and and I am still only this far in.

I should mention though that my stats and cash are inflated and maxed out...something which is not likely to happen this early in the game...I cheated as always XD, the manual however is a must read.

Think of it as a lighter, simpler, friendlier NWN2 with more stuff to do (at least in the beginning, don't know about the meat of the story itself yet) with larger areas and no good or bad system (so you can do EVERYTHING in the game without worrying about your character's rep) with hidden/usefull items littering the map (alchemical ingredients (which don't seem to regenerate though and if you fail collecting them then that's that...at least so far)...or chests and barrels (no "hey stop there criminal! from Fable when breaking them which is nice, unrealistic but nice and then the occasional sidequest item) filled with money or basic items you can sell for a bit of coin) with only basic classes (No Paladin, Beastmaster etc.) and filled with token RPG characters and situations however executed as well as they can be and with a continuous health regen always going on. The Equipment system is also the same but there are less items with lore attached/less special items all over the place (so if you're a packrat you don't have to worry about picking up every single thing even if it's no use to your character just incase a future party member might need it) and encumbrance seems to only effect dodging/parrying ability and not the character's movement speed. The crafting system also seems better. Enemies also don't seem to regenerate (unless possibly if you're travelling and get attacked, the enemies that you encounter then seem to regenerate ever few minutes) so there's no level grinding same as in NWN2.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And some more pics

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
because once you reach level 50, everything gets stronger and it takes even longer to get to level 75 D:

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
im in the lower levels of the tower thingy and at level 63 iirc

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wrong game people :p

·
Banned
23,263 Posts

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Some more Pics. Had to go take care of a major Rat problem.

Take lots and lots of healing supplies and anti-poison stuff...even my maxed out (cheat) characters had difficulty and came very close to dieing once or twice (plus Ratzilla (not it's real name) has 400 Vitality points, way more than anything before in the game).

Party members don't die by the way, they end up being critically wounded and just collapse. Then once the battle is over they get back up again and the health regen starts kicking in, you however still have to heal the wounds and possibly cure the poison. If the entire party goes down however it's game over and time to reload the previous save.

Wounds don't specifically get applied as vitality drains away by the way, any hit higher the constitution stat of the character causes one, so the character can have plenty of vitality but still end up collapsing from the maximum 4 or 5 wounds a character can receive. So even I have to watch it and apply the meds at the right time, the game makes this easier however by providing you with an option to pause the game every turn in it's settings so you can give any new neccessary orders or tell a character to heal themselves without the others being neglected as you have plenty of time to think of and make the right move. Of course if you feel that breaks immersion too much you can just leave the option unticked and just press the Spacebar whenever you need a bit of time to issue new orders.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The party is normal size so yes the wolf rats (most common enemy so far) are also all really that big. There's only one 400 vitality Ratzilla to worry about though.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Schumi you should write a review on this. You've already posted enough material in your posts for a decent one, just put it altogether and synchronize it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.