Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, Im trying to see if there is anything I can do to get smooth playback for this game.

First, my pc specs:

Intel E8500 3.16Ghz
4GB DDR2 Ram
Nvidia 8600GT 256MB
Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit

Running:

PCSX2 0.9.6
Video Plugins:
GSdx sse3 0.1.15
GSdx sse41 0.1.15
ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97.1 sse2

Audio:
SPU2-X 1.1.0

Configs tried:
GSdx sse41
-Res: 1280x768
-Renderer: Direct3D9 (Hardware)/Direct3D10 (Hardware)
-Interlacing: None
-D3D internal res: 1024x1024/Native
-all the other options Ive left default

ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97.1 sse2
-Interlace: Off/Enabled
-AA: None
-Everything else left at default except for trying the various speed hacks

Ok, so with those things in mind, Im trying to hit as close to 60fps as possible but in game its hitting 30-40 (Menus/Cut scenes play near 60 of course) and its really making the game unplayable for the fast responses needed. it also causes the audio to slow down and back up every so often. The fps ranges from 20 (in just a couple of scenes executing a special move) to 50 when the two fighters are just moving around. Most of the time its between 40-50 and that is just too laggy to not be distracting. Speed hacks made little, if any, difference in the fps.

Any configuration suggestions would be very helpful. Also Ive tried a modest overclock to 3.6-3.8Ghz and it didnt make any meaningful change to performance.

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
The setup of your pc is good, but your gpu seems like a big bottleneck, but a small oc if you can on ur cpu should give a couple extra fps

edit, re-read ur last sentence, it is almost definitly in my opinion your videocard

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well thats what I wasnt hoping to hear lol.

but thats understandable, it is a bottleneck in my system. Anyone have any suggestions on an upgrade that would handle this? I really dont think it should require an expense card since mine is so close to what I want already. Maybe an AMD HD 4670 512mb? Those are cheap at about $70 and are more powerful then my current card.

Any other suggestions would be helpful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.