Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Dragon Ball Online (ドラゴンボールオンライン, Doragon Bōru Onrain?, Korean: 드래곤볼 온라인) (officially abbreviated as DBO) is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game being developed simultaneously in Japan and South Korea by NTL, set in the Dragon Ball universe, first introduced by the Dragon Ball Japanese manga in 1984. Dragon Ball Online takes place on Earth, 216 years after the events at the conclusion of the Dragon Ball manga series. A beta testing of Dragon Ball Online was initially announced to begin in South Korea during the summer of 2007 with a Japanese beta to soon follow,[1] but has been delayed and is currently slated for the second half of 2009. [2] In March 2009, it was announced that TBWA\Korea obtained the marketing rights for Dragon Ball Online and would run a full-scale marketing campaign from April to August 2009.[3]

What do you guys think of this? I personally am a bit dissapointed that there will be no Saiyan race, after all that was what dragonball was all about.

Dragon Ball Online - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
It isn't Dragonball without the Saiyans, might as well just call it something else..

The Dragonball series was all about the Saiyans and Goku (Kakarot) fighting many foes and evils that came their way. Anyway role playing games are not the type of games that interest me so it doesn't really matter to me.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Wait, they made an entire race out of Majin Buu, who was one created creature, and left out an entire main race?

I could actually sort of understand leaving out Saiyains for the purpose of the game. They're essentially the same as what the Human race will be covering in the game, save they could go Super Saiyan and turn into apes (and in the manga/anime, were stronger obviously, but that'd likely be nullified/toned down if they were to be included). Maybe there's some Saiyans in the game in special events, and they discluded the race to keep said things unique? If this is set 216 years after Dragonball concluded, aren't the only few Saiyans who were left long dead anyway?

Still, I find it more odd how there's a Majin race. I guess two wasn't enough and they ran out of ideas or something.

Either way, I'm not too interested. MMOs aren't my thing.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
If this is set 216 years after Dragonball concluded, aren't the only few Saiyans who were left long dead anyway?
It's not really known what the life span of Saiyans are or how they age compared to normal humans. It was mentioned in the series that Master Roshi himself was apparently several hundred years old.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
That's true, but I would doubt it's really that much more than maybe a little longer than humans typically would. We know they stay in their prime longer than humans (to be able to fight better), so that means once they age, they're likely getting pretty older, and I'd imagine they age about the same, just maybe to a less extent before they die. We don't see any of them age past about, what, middle age or so in Dragonball Z (nor Dragonball GT I think, I didn't watch nor care for it), but I think Vegeta was estimated to be in his mid forties or so (two years include his two times spent in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber) near the end of Dragonball Z, with Goku being slightly younger (Vegeta is ~5 when Goku leaves as a baby and their planet is destroyed by Frieza).

As for Master Roshi, I have no idea. Maybe he wished for immortality, or had something else funky happen.

As for the 216 years later, we know that in the end of Dragonball GT (I don't think it's 100% cannon anyway, so maybe this doesn't matter), Vegeta Jr and Goku Jr are revealed to exist (and again, against what was cannon in the manga/anime of Dragonball Z, they can go Super Saiyain despite being a quarter or less Saiyan).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.