Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my quest to find a emulator that runs this game good I came across a site that said to run it with VGS. Has anyone here actually got the game to work with VGS? When I get to the New Game/Load screen it's blank as seen in this screen shot.

I noticed that there isn't a listing for the game in the games.txt file. I'm thinking that may be the problem. I'm not sure tho I never really use VGS dispite buying it a few years back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I did. VGS on my box wouldn't run without them.

It seems I posted this question too soon. I did some more searching and found out that this game is unplayable on VGS (one of the known 2). It's rumored that there's a modified games.txt file out there that allows DW7 to play, but no one that has it is willing to share it. I personally think it's a hoax.

Anyways, sorry for wasting your time, man. It seems like ePSXe with P.E.Op.S plugin is about the best there is.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
well depending on your specs you can run a hardware plugin, that will look better than Peops soft.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True, but I'm picky when it comes to emulation. I really don't care how a games looks just as long as it looks like it does played on real hardware. With the OPL1 plugin DW7's menus are no longer transparent. OLG2 has problems with the filters being disabled when ever a dialog box/menu is open.

For me P.E.Op.S is the best plugin to use for playing this game.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
of course, looks are 100% subjective.

if you want authentic, i suggest getting a voodoo card and trying Lewpy's plugin, which is excellent and produces very true to PSX graphics using hardware rendering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts