Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My game freezes right when I go up the stairs with Slachi (in the tower by Hamelia in the present). After Slachi goes through the hole and opens the door, when I go up the stairs I just get a black screen.

Could someone get me past this point? I'm not exactly sure what I need to attach to this message, but I think I attached the right files for the save state.

edit: the original memcard i posted was the wrong one. this one is the correct one.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
have you tried a different emulator, a software plugin, and not using save states? you can try to pass it on your own.

by the way thats not the save state you uploaded, that's the memory card. memory cards are more stable anyway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it might be caused by defects in the ISO. There were bad sectors when I ripped it.

I'll see what I can figure out with your suggestions...but if anyone can get me past that point it would be awesome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no luck with psxeven , epsxe 1.52 or a bunch of different graphics plugins. haven't been using a sound plugin for most of the game, and still no sound plugin for this game.

i can't post the save state b/c it is too big. i messed up in the orignal post but here is the correct memcard.

·
Registered
654 Posts
What ripping tool?

You should make the tool *not* ignore errors when ripping, and retry as many times as possible, and read slowly (like 4x).

Could be your disc is ruined. Hold it up to a bright light, black side towards you, and see if you can see light shining through pinholes or scratches. Label-side scratches can turn a disc into a coaster. The reflective and data layers of a CD or CDROM are very close to the label (unlike DVDs and DVDROMs where the reflective and data layers are sandwiched between nearly equal amounts of plastic).

Dan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i used magic iso at 4x...did what you suggested about the errors when i ripped it, but the errors never got fixed. must be a bad iso. i think a save game fix would work - but maybe i just need a new disk?

i'd run it off the disc itself but it runs sooo much better as an iso....

thanks for your suggestsions

·
Registered
654 Posts
If the problem is black-side scratches, you might be able to resurface the disk with a DiskDoctor (aka DVDDoctor aka GameDoctor aka CDDoctor aka...). Caution: follow the xDoctor instructions to the letter or you could make your disc worse.

Dan

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
if none of the troubleshooting steps worked (and there are a freakin lot), then you'll have to wait for someone to take your memory card and pass that spot. i dont have DW7 so i cant help you, but other people do....

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
well, you could scroll up and see this post (http://forums.ngemu.com/912858-post4.html) and then you download the memory card, load the game in your own DW7, pass the problem point in question, save to the memory card, then upload it back here.

but, if you have no idea what to do (which you already admitted), then maybeeeeee you should stay out of this thread? just a thought. it's kind of scary when someone says "i have no idea what im doing but i'm willing to help!"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
all that you need to do is basically go up the stairs and then make a save state. it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to go farther than that - i.e. kill the boss or something, and then save the game, just to make sure that the game is saved past the glitch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.