Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have no$gba 2.6a and Dragon Quest IV and V (U versions).

My system specs are:

Intel C2E X7900 @ 2.8 Ghz
Nvidia 8800m GTX
4GB Ram

I had never had speed problems before on any game, but recently these two have proved that otherwise. I can play the games in the towns/villages area at 100-200%, but once I go out into the map and explore, the speed drops to 20-50%. Why is that? What can I do to fix the problem?

Thanks.

- nonemus

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Try using any EX. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Shameless bump and double post but find it better to use this thread than create a new one since i have the same issue but only with DQIV.

I searched like mad to find for DQV and was successful to find Action replay code to reveal the world map and remove the massive lag but i'm not successful to find the same solution with DQIV. I sat for over 3 hours on google trying to find something similar but I didnt find one, was only stat attributes, XP & gold cheats.

If it's allowed can you post the code here to reveal the DQIV worldmap?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was playing DQ5 when i wrote that, and recently beat the game and Estark, though haven't really done the extra stuff except for bonus dungeon ofc.

Zoomer 2.3.0.2 fixes the maplag for DQ4 at the cost of flickering screen(happens to me atleast) with EX3(Under Other->EXTRA) :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Zoomer 2.3.0.2 fixes the maplag for DQ4 at the cost of flickering screen(happens to me atleast) with EX3(Under Other->EXTRA) :(
Thank you.:)
I see. I will try your tip with Zoomer.

I use a 2.4Ghz C2D CPU and GeForce 9300 graphic.
Then turn on No$PMP&WTT.
I got a little laggy when I play in DQ4 big map but it's acceptable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's the Action Replay code for No Map Fog in Dragon Quest V. It definitely solved the lagging overworld map, for me at least.

94000130 FFFB0000
C0000000 00000007
020D4488 00000000
DC000000 00000004
D2000000 00000000

Enter this code then turn it on. On the worldmap, press 'Select' and it will remove the fog.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.