Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
i have been working on a translation for ps2 for quite sometime now. the game is none other than square enix's dragon quest 5 for ps2. i have encountered a few problems however. the games dialogue is compressed and in order to do a proper translation i need the uncompressed data to compare with the original compressed. its obvious that the game decompresses the file and loads it into RAM before using it. do any of the plugins for pcsx2 support debug options such as a hex dump of the ram? also if this is not included is it possible it will ever be? it probably wouldnt be much code to add support for it. well anyways for all you dragon quest fans. including some guy on this board named esturk :) here is a link to some of my older screenshots of the translation. its come a bit futher since but i havent updated my site in a while. MY DRAGON QUEST 5 PAGE

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Nice to meet you Taloon.:)

I actually heard about you and your site over at The Whirlpool.

Sorry I know nothing about Translating, hacking, dumping or the PS2. Though I did play through DQV on ZSNES.;)

Anyways, best of luck with the translation. Looks great already. :thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for your support. im considering just modifying one of the open source plugins to implement what i am asking for.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
taloon said:
hey thanks for your support. im considering just modifying one of the open source plugins to implement what i am asking for.
Good luck. Here's a hint, try adding some inline asm for speed ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts