Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using 2.6a + zoomer 2.3.0.2

Game region U

The top screen is really ruining my eyes. It keeps a cut off of everything around me upon any moving/camera panning. (half a house displays on top screen while the whole same house is on the bottom for example)

Makes navigation unbearable. It does line up and fit together perfectly if I adjust the camera or walk to make it fit perfectly but thats a terrible option as it messes up every few corner.

I have tried with and without the enabler ar code and complete map code.

Is there any fix in the settings (like on the ex1-5)?

I have the default settings for no$ run except save type to eeprom64

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm

only current options are no$ and opengl.

no$ is what gives problem and opengl gives me a blue screen.

if there are any plugins or anything that someone knows works with it would be great. I'm not too familiar with nds emulators.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I think I know what it is.It's a guess but hey. I messed with the settings in zoomer and got no change. Got NGZoom and no change (though it has helped greatly on other games with unrelated issues-so glad you made me aware of it)

It uses both screens to display a full map image which seems like it would look weird even on system. I don't think it's an actual glitch just my eye's inability to cope with something so ugly and confusing. DQIV has the exact same problem and its not a bad rom/version. Think its just me being unable to adapt to it.

Would appreciate it if anyone who has played it on system or no$ emulator has any similar problem. The top screen giving a cut off of whats visible on bottom to the point where the image is cut between the screens and a black hole eating up people and graphics where the screens join in the middle. (making the game downright goofy looking)

I honestly don't think its anything that could be fixed in settings now as all cutscenes,title,etc.. where you have no control over movement and are on a fixed screen display beatifully.

If there is any way to disable the topscreen (just black it out short a a dark post-it) and enlarge the bottom up by a bit it would be perfectly playable. So if that can be done please give me a handholding on how as I'm a ds dummy (miss the simplicity/professionalism of epsxe,snes9x,etc)

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
No that can't be done, No$Zoomer does however allow you to control the ratio of the screens so you could keep the top screen at 1x size and increase the size of the bottom screen to 2 or 2.5x or even 3x.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It was a weird design decision to be sure, but the top screen map display isn't a no$GBA problem, and nothing is probably ever going to fix it.When I played DQ4 with NOZ, I did exactly what you suggested; I swapped the screen so that the bottom one was larger and on top, and just didn't look at the other. No$Zoomer can do this as well. I wouldn't advise disabling the other screen since HP/MP is displayed there during battles.

I didn't notice a black hole in between the screens, but I have two monitors for the two screens. Chances are that this is due to a setting in no$zoomer. I'm not at the computer with no$GBA, but if nobody responds with instructions, I will help out later.

·
Pulse
235 Posts
Hey. I' currently trying out DQ5 on this emulator with zoomer and I'm not getting any of the problems u are getting. I'm not sure what problems u are getting...but are u saying the top screen is cut in half or are u saying that how the both screen is supposed to work as one screen but the top screen is lagging behind the bottome screen?

Screenshot would help.

If it's a lag issue...that that's just ur computer's slow. Nothing u can really do about it apart from get a faster computer. Keeping in mind no$gba only uses 1 core proc. of ur CPU if ur using multicores.

PS. I also had no such issue with DQ4.

PSS. Oh yea forgot to note. The separator btw the two screens can be altered to the right size so that the ratio between the two screens is correct to what the game thinks the gap should be so the full screen would be in a correct ratio. Try that via trial and error i guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.