Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im new to the whole emulation story, but i managed to get Budokai Tenkaichi 3 to run properly @ 55-60 fps

But i am experiencing a graphic problem. As soon as i start a fight the screen starts flashing black/normal -> black/normal. During this i can still see everything properly but its really anoying , like there is something wrong with the refresh rate. It might be some of the graphic settings or plugins but im kinda noob when it comes to these settings and plugins.

The system i am using:

SO: Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bits
CPU: Intel ® Core(tm) 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Memory: DDR2 4093Mb 800Mhz
VGA: PCI-E Asus 8800GT 512MB DDR3 256 bits

Here is a screenshot of my plugins & the graphic config:

Here is a screenshot of my CPU settings.

Providing a screenshot ingame wont help because you cant see the black flashing i am talking about on the screenshots.

Could someone please give some solutions on how to fix this.

Thanks in advance

Dupke

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
11,526 Posts
Try updating your GSDX plugins to the latest ones, they can be found at the official PCSX2 forum, and you will need to update your direct x runtimes as well to use the properly. You can also get the latest SVN snapshot as that may help with a few of these issues.

One other thing you can try is to enable the NATIVE checkbox, but that may not solve the issue at hand, (it may do a bit with speed however).

Hope this helps

·
Registered
179 Posts
Is your game PAL?

If it is, you've found the problem. NTSC version doesn't suffer from this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the fast replies.

Try updating your GSDX plugins to the latest ones, they can be found at the official PCSX2 forum, and you will need to update your direct x runtimes as well to use the properly. You can also get the latest SVN snapshot as that may help with a few of these issues.

One other thing you can try is to enable the NATIVE checkbox, but that may not solve the issue at hand, (it may do a bit with speed however).

Hope this helps
I am using the latest GSDX plugins. I will update my Direct X and see if it makes any difference. What is SVN snapshot??. If i enable the NATIVE checkbox my game will run worse then now :p

Is your game PAL?

If it is, you've found the problem. NTSC version doesn't suffer from this.
Yes my game is PAL, i bought it in the store 2 days ago and made an .iso with DVD Decrypter. Why is my screen only flashing ingame and not in the menu or during loading screens? Can the PAL / NTSC really be the issue?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.