1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
This movie s fitting my expectations. Horrible. If not the story, at least make the characters right. Piccolo looks alright, he is a little harder too do. But a tall white guy as goku when he is supposed to be a short asian guy. Roshi had a full head of hair, bulma had black hair, and grandpa gohan wasnt alive in the anime!

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
To be completely honest... It looks better then I expected.

Much like any other cartoon turned movie, it loses some of its edge... but I think I'll go see it once its out.

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
It does look good, but not like a dbz movie though. If it was named something else and had a few tweaks i imagine it would be great. And yes the asian girls help the movie a lot. But the fight scenes do look alright though.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
ewww wire work. After watching The Protector or Ong Back wire work just looks so strange. But I have to admit, they did an alright job on the trailer.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
What? Bulma ? Her hair is black.. And the storyline is... umm... screw up! Wow, look at their martial artist skills.. They sucks too! What's wrong with this director ? Tsk tsk. What a horrible! GRIN

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
Eh, it doesn't look too bad. At least Piccolo is evil in this. Everyone knows he was the biggest bad ass at the time :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
They need to keep the original story. Nothing is more original: Goku is an alien coming from an exploding planet, then he is raised by a kind old man and when he grows up he will become a champion of justice and is super strong and flies and dress in red and blue..

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
With the added twist that he kills the old man that raised him :p That and for a good part of the series we fell into a more refreshing neutral chaotic alignment instead of his good lawful american counterpart.

·
Registered
130 Posts
They also must make the movie based in my favorite DBZ Saga: It's the one when Goku can't fight because he is Sick/Dead/Training, the bad guy beats all the other warriors but Goku appears in the last second to win the day and they wish to resurrect all the fallen warriors in the end.

Which one was it?

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I figured they had to start from the basis, but I would have prefered to see goku as a child with his tail.
I remember when he didn't know the difference betwen man and woman. :lol:

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
lol, given that this move is being filmed in an abandoned factory in mexico, i'm actually somewhat impressed.

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
Most Films that come from books are never based on the real story line, they always screw it up
I don't know, LoTR wasn't so bad. Of course it was missing quite a few things, but lets be reasonable now, do you really think they could've fit everything in the books into a reasonable length movie trilogy?

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
I don't know, LoTR wasn't so bad. Of course it was missing quite a few things, but lets be reasonable now, do you really think they could've fit everything in the books into a reasonable length movie trilogy?
And let's face it, having the songs in the movie version of Lord of the rings would have been complete fail...

But I don't really understand why do these people even wanna turn Dragon Ball into live action, they know all die hard fans are gonna hate it and as it looks dumb I don't think any new people are gonna like it... Its just stupidity. Well, I don't like Dragon Ball anyways but I'm worried if they're gonna make other succesful anime into live action in US which means its gonna fail... In US specifically as many are made into live action in japan, and many have failed but they never strike the eye unless you dig too deep!:lol: But movie like this makes me laugh, cry and puke at the same time...

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with the movie. Sure, a good portion of their target market are for Dragon Ball fans, but I believe it's just targeted to the action movie fans in general. It's like the Resident Evil movies. They obviously weren't catering to just the video game fans and did pretty well, despite cries of mass foul from gaming fans.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with the movie. Sure, a good portion of their target market are for Dragon Ball fans, but I believe it's just targeted to the action movie fans in general. It's like the Resident Evil movies. They obviously weren't catering to just the video game fans and did pretty well, despite cries of mass foul from gaming fans.
Yeah but resident evil didn't have green dudes or guys throwing fire balls around... And oh ho if they're gonna fly!:lol: And back when resident evil movies came out the zombie movies were in, like "28 days later", "dawn of the dead" etc... Resident evil didn't have any "clear" video game stigma in it, it was pretty much just another zombie movie to many people. But like I said, green dudes, fireballs and flying guys=fail...

·
Registered
129 Posts
You're not even trying to give it a chance. It might not resemble the anime/manga at all, but if I try to forget the anime, the trailer did seem rather good.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts