Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been trying to configure these DuelShock Replica twin controllers (1 USB two controllers)
They work with every other emulator I have tried and even with version 1.9.0 of EPSXE .

However, now, I can map all the buttons fine, but no mater how I try to mape the dpad, the controls stay exactly the same. One of the controllers uses both the joysticks and the buttons whether or not analog is turned on. The other one ONLY uses the dpad and ONLY when analog is turned on (these controlers have a physical analog option).

I have tried to re-map the dpad to press buttons like X and Circle,,,, nothing still exactly the same, dup , ddown, dL and DR. ... tried to make one the select button,,,, nothing, still dpad controls and one joystick that works and one that doesnt. No mater what I change the key-map too the depad and joysticks do not change.

When I run the AXIS test both controlers register as inputing correctly. the two joysticks input correct values, the dpads input as axis HAT ... all what is expected..... But no mater how I try to configure these settings they stay exactly the same.
Is there a reason why my re-maping settings are somehow being overwritten ? is it possible to map the dpad seperately from the joysticks like on every other emulator as well as old versions o this one ?

I am so confused. ..

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have been trying to configure these DuelShock Replica twin controllers (1 USB two controllers)
They work with every other emulator I have tried and even with version 1.9.0 of EPSXE .

However, now, I can map all the buttons fine, but no mater how I try to mape the dpad, the controls stay exactly the same. One of the controllers uses both the joysticks and the buttons whether or not analog is turned on. The other one ONLY uses the dpad and ONLY when analog is turned on (these controlers have a physical analog option).

I have tried to re-map the dpad to press buttons like X and Circle,,,, nothing still exactly the same, dup , ddown, dL and DR. ... tried to make one the select button,,,, nothing, still dpad controls and one joystick that works and one that doesnt. No mater what I change the key-map too the depad and joysticks do not change.

When I run the AXIS test both controlers register as inputing correctly. the two joysticks input correct values, the dpads input as axis HAT ... all what is expected..... But no mater how I try to configure these settings they stay exactly the same.
Is there a reason why my re-maping settings are somehow being overwritten ? is it possible to map the dpad seperately from the joysticks like on every other emulator as well as old versions o this one ?

I am so confused. ..

Select input preferences, player 1, select gamepad (mine showed Sony and a bunch of randomness) and set it to none. Then when you load a game, it will say it auto recognized the controller. Select skip and it should work

1 - 3 of 3 Posts