Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just downloaded a game save and I want to use ePSXe to load the save. How am I supposed to do it? I put the save in my memcard folder, but it's in .gme file and not the other type that ePSXe uses. What do I have to do?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've converted the file, but I don't know how to place it in my memory card file, or even use it. I can only select memory card 1 or 2. Those memory cards have their own files which saves are put into. Am I supposed to use a downloaded game save like a save state?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
you can actually put it in any folder and use it, it's better if you put it in the memcards directory so you can find it easier.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm trying to run it for Suikoden II.

When I start the game and hit continue and go to the screen where I pick a save, there's only my original game there, not the save state. There's nothing in memory card 2 either. Is there a different way I should load it?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
i think you are completely missing the point here...hmm

ok, memory card saves. that's what the PSX uses. so, you convert them to MCR files and you put them in your memcards folder. you select it with ePSXe to use that one and it appears in-game...loading off the game's memory card feature.

save states you press F1 to save, F2 to switch, F3 to load.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hushypushy said:
i think you are completely missing the point here...hmm

ok, memory card saves. that's what the PSX uses. so, you convert them to MCR files and you put them in your memcards folder. you select it with ePSXe to use that one and it appears in-game...loading off the game's memory card feature.

save states you press F1 to save, F2 to switch, F3 to load.
I still don't get it the way you're explaining it. I have a DEX drive save and a converted Memory Card save in my 'memcard' folder. I don't know what you mean by select it with ePSXe. Could you take a screenshot or something and show me what I'm supposed to do?

Sorry for being so retarded.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Try using the memcard manager in the BATARD tool (Emufrontend) to import the save file.

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
One small note: The save file format used isn't intended for your CD version. Ensure that if you are using NTSC U/C or PAL, match it to the save file used if you obtained it.

If you got it from GameFAQs, chances are that the save file uploaded are mixed, so d/l some and try playing with it.

If you are unsure whether you uploaded the memcard properly, choose FILE ---> RUN BIOS. If done correctly, you should be able to access MEMORY CARD and see the save game there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I found the problem. My save file for Suikoden 2 says Suikoden 2 (1) while the downloaded Save has a (6) after it. Does that affect anything? Also, when using BATARDS thing, the icons are different for the saves. Is that my problem?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Download psxmemtool and open the converted memcard with it. Look on the surface of your cd to find the game code. It will be something like SCES-12345, SLUS-54321, etc... you get the point ;) . Then use the psxmemtool to change the game code in the save to match yours, and change the region also. Finally, save the memcard and load it again to epsxe. Hopefully it will work this time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I got one save state to work. I guess the other save just wasn't compatible with my game. Or maybe because it was just a single game save and the one I downloaded seems to be a whole memory card with different saves from different countries.

One thing concerning me now is that I've loaded up the game and it seems different. The menues are different and so are some sound effects. I don't understand what happened. I'm using the same ISO, but it's different...what happened?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts