Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that is trying to download ePSXe the download comes in fine, but when trying to use the installer he gets a message that tell him that it needs installers service update.

He is running windows 98 already been to their web page and looked for something remotely close, with nothing found.
Does anybody know what this is and where to find it?

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Well, some programs like 3dfx drivers, when installing will check for an updated install program.. If it is old, then the 3dfx drivers install program will install the update itself.. I always update windows stuff every month or atleast check if there are new updates.. Is your friend using WIN98SE or just Win98? The last thing he could do is reinstall windows..

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8
Well, some programs like 3dfx drivers, when installing will check for an updated install program.. If it is old, then the 3dfx drivers install program will install the update itself.. I always update windows stuff every month or atleast check if there are new updates.. Is your friend using WIN98SE or just Win98? The last thing he could do is reinstall windows..
He probably need to install "Windows Installer". You can get it here .

[]s Badaro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts