Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if there is such a thing as a double uplink hub. The reason i was wondering was because my room mate and I would like our internet connection here at the university to greatly go up. Right now there are tons of slow downs when it comes to online games. If you have other options of what we could do they are welcome also.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
i am not sure exactly what you mean by a double uplink hub but most universities have a very stringent policy on what you can do with your ethernet connection. the slow speed is most likely due to the rest of the college kids unknowingly hogging bandwith through p2p uploads. there isnt much you can do about that..

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure about the policies about the network but what i was thinking is put my port into one uplink and my roommate on the other and then we would have double the bandwidth, or would there be data collisions?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I don't believe it would work, I know with dial up they have Shot gunning where you need 2 phone lines and help from isp and you get a little boost in bandwidth. I stongly doubt it is possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts